Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ready to use SX52 Proto Board — Parallax Forums

Ready to use SX52 Proto Board

LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
edited 2005-07-27 15:21 in General Discussion
Hello folks,
Bean posted a picture of his SX52 Proto board with a header that makes no sense to me.· So.....

Here are photos of my version of the ready-to-use board for everyone to reference.
- All the ports have an outlet.
- All the servos are set up to interface
- A jumper is in place for choice of servo motor power supply
-MCLR an RTCC have pin outs
-Ground, Voltage In, and Voltage Out have pins

Additionally, I was able to pick up a few carrying/storage boxes at a local shop [noparse][[/noparse]Taiwan has great plastic goods].· These allow you to cleanly store your little treasure until a project comes to mind.

Of course any and all are welcome to share this as I think it might save a bit of time.

And, the extra Vdd and Vdd outlets are a bit tricky to fit in. You have to shave a bit of plastic off the bottom ends of each side to get it fully down to the board.

Warm regards and thanks to all at Parallax.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
G. Herzog in Taiwan

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2005-07-27 10:57
    Kramer,
    The header on mine was so that I could plug it into a NX1000 board to interface with a BS2.
    Nice work on yours though.
    Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "SX-Video·Module" Now available from Parallax for only $28.95

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30012

Product web site: www.sxvm.com

"One experiment is worth a thousand theories"
    ·
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2005-07-27 15:21
    I seemed to have missed that part.

Is the NX1000· the huge PROFESSIONAL development board with all the goodies? Or, is it an older version of the bs24/40p DEMO BOARD? [noparse][[/noparse]I can't seem to find any reference to the board except for one accessory]

The reason I ask is that I have the DEMO board and it never occured to me that I could directly interface the two.

Now that I think about it, the SX52 Board could handle the really sophisticated device drivers and interfaces while the the DEMO board could use a BS24 or BS40p to do in PBASIC the creative work that may require a lot of revision.

I suppose that either board will work.··You came up with an all Parallax two microprocessor system that is very easy to assemble and disassemble.· One might even fit in a third board.

Great idea! I suppose I am too damn generic.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    G. Herzog in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 7/29/2005 3:45:58 PM GMT