Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
FLiP robot - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

FLiP robot

13»

Comments

• NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2020-02-06 12:15
    The tail wheel finally arrived....
    As you can see it is slightly bigger than mine 3D printed wheel.
    Tail_omni_wheel.jpg
    As a result, the tail of the robot will be some millimetres higher. So In order to keep the chassis completely horizontal, I must elevate the front part. In order to achieve that goal, I must lower the position of the two servos. Hopefully, my first design gives me some tolerance in order to do that.....
    873 x 724 - 231K
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    NikosG wrote: »
    The tail wheel finally arrived....
    As you can see it is slightly bigger than mine 3D printed wheel.

As a result, the tail of the robot will be some millimetres higher. So In order to keep the chassis completely horizontal, I must elevate the front part. In order to achieve that goal, I must lower the position of the two servos. Hopefully, my first design gives me some tolerance in order to do that.....

It might be simpler to elongate the hole for the tail wheel so you can mount the new tail wheel a bit higher. If that is not practical then you could 3D print a new tail wheel bracket.

• kwinn wrote: »
    It might be simpler to elongate the hole for the tail wheel so you can mount the new tail wheel a bit higher. If that is not practical then you could 3D print a new tail wheel bracket.

I'm in the process of a general upgrade of the first chassis.
    My intention is to elevate the surface of the robot about 5 mm. I think that is better for the robot and gives it the ability to avoid several obstacles. The Upgraded chassis will be much better and stronger and with fewer screws....
  • NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2020-02-07 21:03
    Trying to find the best power solution I ended up to this 6 x AA Battery Holder Box Case. It provides 9V power and it also has a perfect size.
    Battery_case_choice.jpg
    The 30 mm high(with the batteries) fits perfectly into the 31 mm space between top and bottom plate.

Last but not least with that battery case, is to make it easily accessible to the user every time he wants to change batteries...
    1269 x 519 - 194K