Parallax IDE project file location

I have returned to the Basic Stamp world after a long long time. Today I installed the Parallax IDE Chrome extension which works great on my Linux laptop. My first question is where do the project files go? I create a project, add files, but can't find them anywhere on my laptop?

Also, I have a bunch of projects from way back in 2006 on my laptop. How do I get to them from the IDE?

Looking forward to lots of fun just fiddling with the basic stamp. I got the dev board years ago for a specific project, but the project rapidly grew too big for this little guy so ended up redoing it on a Raspberry Pi.

Comments

• Found 'em!

They're in my Google Drive. Soooo... I just need to upload my old stuff to there and I should away!
  • Okay. Where do I need to upload the files into Google Drive so that the Parallax Chrome IDE will pick them up?
  • VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 1,672
    edited 2019-10-31 - 08:31:48
    Does this resource help ?

https://www.parallax.com/sites/default/files/downloads/Parallax-IDE-Getting-Started-Guide-v0.10.0_0.pdf

Page 28 seems to show how to load an existing program.
    If the folder is not obvious, then try creating/saving a new project. Then check where that was saved, and copy your old files to the same place ?

Although... I'd have thought the "open project" dialog would allow you to select any folder in your cloud drive.
  • Hello!
    Von a completely way-out past left field question to what he (our correspondent @SteveGreen ) asked about.

The Chrome browser is available for the Pi. Why? Good question. I don't know.

However... The Parallax IDE Chrome extension once loaded onto Chrome here, becomes available there. Has it been tried there?

For those of you who own a Chrome OS device, that means your Parallax problems are solved.

----
    Mascot away until Monday. Please leave your messages at the sound of the Yak.
  • VonSzarvas wrote: »
    Does this resource help ?

https://www.parallax.com/sites/default/files/downloads/Parallax-IDE-Getting-Started-Guide-v0.10.0_0.pdf

Page 28 seems to show how to load an existing program.
    If the folder is not obvious, then try creating/saving a new project. Then check where that was saved, and copy your old files to the same place ?

Although... I'd have thought the "open project" dialog would allow you to select any folder in your cloud drive.

Er ... no.

The only projects I can "see" from the IDE are ones that were created by it. No other folders are visible. While I can see the project files in Google Drive, I cannot see the project folders.

Oh well, never mind. I'll just cut 'n paste my code into the IDE cloud space.

Thanks.