Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 Evaluation Board - Brief Update December 18th - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

P2 Evaluation Board - Brief Update December 18th

Comments

• I just got an email from USPS...

a shipping label was created with my address on it....

from Parallax...

:smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • DavidZemon wrote: »
    I just got an email from USPS...

a shipping label was created with my address on it....

from Parallax...

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Ditto!!!
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-12-20 18:09
    May be Monday or Wednesday before I get mine with the storms coming into the Northeast. :(
  • I'm hoping mañana!
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,767
    edited 2018-12-20 18:19
    Mine order shows complete. :)
    Was trying to figure out why I didn't get an email then remembered I shipped UPS...

• Looks like mine was shipped too!
  • K2K2 Posts: 691
    edited 2018-12-20 20:31
    I'll be dipped! Chipmas is in the air! USPS is normally just two days from Rocklin. 20 December isn't normal, but there are two extra days to allow for abnormal.

Muchas gracias!
  • I was cheap and opted for first class shipping instead of priority mail and I'm on the east coast so mine may come after Christmas. Not a problem actually. Not sure I would have had time to do much with it before Christmas anyway.
  • Wow! I just received a tracking number(Shipping Agent Parallax Inc.) a few hours ago :)
  • Alright! I just received a tracking number from UPS.
    Thank you Chip and the Parallax team, It's going to be CHIPMAS!!!!!

HydraHacker
  • Just curious, after all was said and done, how many orders were unable to be fulfilled?
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,131
    edited 2018-12-20 23:51
    Just curious, after all was said and done, how many orders were unable to be fulfilled?

I think five people didn't get a board.
  • I got the “bad” news that I would not get a board due to the yield. Will have to wait for production,
  • I saw everyone posting tracking notice and then I got mine! It will be really interesting to see how quickly these make it around the ? world ? Which begs the question, how many countries did the boards make it to?

If I didn't need to do some wrenching on the car I would have asked about driving down to pick it up. It's going to be a Merry Chipmas indeed :smile:
    TrapperBob wrote: »
    I got the “bad” news that I would not get a board due to the yield. Will have to wait for production,

Bob, message Peter Jakacki. He might have something.
  • Is the schematic for the P2-ES board posted somewhere? Are there any LEDs that can be controlled programmatically on the board or do I have to hook up my own?
  • Yes, see the product page you ordered from for lots of good information

There are about 8 buffered leds from memory

• Tubular wrote: »
    Yes, see the product page you ordered from for lots of good information

There are about 8 buffered leds from memory
    Duh. I forgot there was a product page. Sorry for the distraction...

There are 8 LEDs that are controlled by P[63:56]. They are active LOW.
  • cgracey wrote: »
    There are 8 LEDs that are controlled by P[63:56]. They are active LOW.
    Perfect! I guess my first program will the all_cogs_blink test program that comes with PNut. After that I'd like to play a bit with Eric's C compiler.

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    edited 2018-12-21 11:50
    Mine is due next Friday 28th :smiley:
  • Cluso99 wrote: »
    Mine is due next Friday 28th :smiley:

Mine is arriving this Monday, the 24th. Unfortunately, we'll be out of town until Wednesday.... so I guess we're cutting our vacation short! Hopefully my wife (and her family) is understanding.
  • David Betz wrote: »
    I was cheap and opted for first class shipping instead of priority mail and I'm on the east coast so mine may come after Christmas. Not a problem actually. Not sure I would have had time to do much with it before Christmas anyway.

The USPS website says that Priority Mail and First Class have the same shipping times. Only Priority Mail Express is faster than First class.

Seems like quite the placebo they engineered by calling it "Priority Mail" and it's no different than regular old first class...
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,767
    I called Parallax and they were able to reroute my UPS package to my house :)

Might get it before Christmas yet...
  • UPS predicts mine to arrive Jan 2, which is actually perfect since I'm having it shipped to my workplace and I won't be there until Jan 2 due to vacation.
  • Mine due the 24th! Might make Chipmas!

• ErNaErNa Posts: 1,738
    due 24th, but arrived just now! Quite happy
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,108
    Arrrgh, I ordered two, one for me and one for Baggers when there were sill loads left and now I find that Parallax are only sending one.
    Someone's gonna be disappointed :frown: