Forum Update - Announcement about May 10th, 2018 update and your password.

P2 status

2»

Comments

• Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) Posts: 1,462
    edited July 27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    re: @cgracey "we should be able to get some simple board out by Christmas - to you guys, anyway. The world will have to wait a few more weeks."

Cool !! :)
  • Hi Chip,

What would be the cost of getting my hands on one of those? I would be interested on a pre-production chip in its final form.

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço
  • samuell wrote: »
    Hi Chip,

What would be the cost of getting my hands on one of those? I would be interested on a pre-production chip in its final form.

Under $100 if we charged for it. Maybe you'd get it for free. All of you here have made contributions to the chip which are worth more than $100.
  • cgracey wrote: »
    samuell wrote: »
    Hi Chip,

Under $100 if we charged for it. Maybe you'd get it for free. All of you here have made contributions to the chip which are worth more than $100.
    That is very nice of you. However, I would be glad to pay for it, since in my case I did not made any contributions. Microelectronics is not my area at all, so I can't say or suggest anything. As for the others who contributed, that would be a nice gesture.

I think I'll wait for a production unit. They will be available perhaps may or June 2019, right?

• cgracey wrote: »
    Hi Chip,

That's extremely generous of you. I would have been more than happy to pay $100 to have one to play with over the Christmas holidays.
    In science there is no authority. There is only experiment.
    Life is unpredictable. Eat dessert first.
  • kwinn wrote: »
    cgracey wrote: »
    Hi Chip,

That's extremely generous of you. I would have been more than happy to pay $100 to have one to play with over the Christmas holidays.
    "Extremely generous" are words frequently used to describe Parallax!

• David Betz wrote: »
    kwinn wrote: »
    cgracey wrote: »
    Hi Chip,

"Extremely generous" are words frequently used to describe Parallax!

Yes indeed. The world would be a better place if more organizations were to emulate the way Parallax operates.
    In science there is no authority. There is only experiment.
    Life is unpredictable. Eat dessert first.
  • So we are looking at a Spring 2019 release?

-8b