Collecting Servo Specs

I'm collecting some basic factoids about popular continuous rotation servos. I don't have all models to test, so I'm wondering if anyone has a Spring SM-S4303R (Pololu 1248, among others), would you know off-hand what direction the servo turns with 2ms pulses? There are a few servos that go the other way, and I'm filling out a chart. The direction should be noted as CW or CCW, when viewed with the shaft straight on.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • Pretty sure I have some, will check tomorrow.
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • Thanks! Looking forward to your report, kind sir!!
  • Oops, turns out I have the Spring SM-4306R, not the 4303.

The 4306 moves clockwise for 2 ms pulses.

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • Erco, Thanks. Other sources specifically indicate CCW for the 4303. The 4306 might be an outlier.

Do you happen to have a (non-feedback) Parallax servo handy? Does it also go CCW? All I can find right now is the Feedback version, which is CCW for 2ms pulses. I am assuming both are CCW, because they now use the Feedback 360 with the Activity Bot, though I imagine they could have gone through all the code and flipped the directions.
  • The 4306 might be an outlier.

Or I might be lying outright. :)

The Parallax CR servos on my old BoeBot turn CCW on 2 ms pulses.

- Pablo Picasso
  • For some reason this time when I looked at the title "Servo Specs", I had a vision of some motorized multi-lens Inspector Gadget eyewear... is it just me?
    servo%20specs.jpg
    380 x 380 - 15K

- Pablo Picasso
  • Getting old! I forgot I had videoed my 4306 servos over a year ago.

- Pablo Picasso