Two Chicken Walkers

Nice & rough, just how I like it.

More polished. Nice shifting weight up top.

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,175
    edited August 19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I say if you can do that, a normal bi-ped is essentially the same thing, isn't it?

Off in a new direction, thanks erco.

WTHk: just turn the platform on top a 180.
  • Needs music...

Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • You guys [Whit and Erco] owe me 2:46 and 1:49 minutes back for these last two videos.

Ken Gracey
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    You guys [Whit and Erco] owe me 2:46 and 1:49 minutes back for these last two videos.

Ken Gracey
    :)

Infernal Machine
    You guys [Whit and Erco] owe me 2:46 and 1:49 minutes back for these last two videos.

Ken Gracey

Ken - That's a small debt compared to all the money erco has made me spend on eBay deals!

Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Ken Gracey wrote:
    Seriously? You watched them all the way through? :)

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • Seriously? You watched them all the way through? :)

-Phil

Aw, C'mon PhiPi. Dwight Shrute knows you have to watch even a questionable movie/video to the end:

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • Okay, and I'll forgive you the seventeen seconds you owe me for that one!

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • Neat walkers, but what I want to see is one that uses dynamic balancing rather than weight shifting.
  • erco,
    Two Chicken Walkers

You see two chicken walkers.

I see two baby ED 209's

I'm worried.

• I've been training for this kind of thing in VR :) Walkers are scary at first, but they're big and slow which are huge disadvantages. It's those little robots you don't see, and those pesky drones, that will get ya.
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,099
    edited August 24 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Erco gets the coveted 'Pulletser Prize' for silly threads.

(Go to 9m35s)
  • ercoerco Posts: 18,327
    edited August 25 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I always thought it was Pullet Surprise. Hopefully this bitchin' model rocket launch video gets me out of the dog house.

- Pablo Picasso
  • erco wrote: »
    I always thought it was Pullet Surprise. Hopefully this bitchin' model rocket launch video gets me out of the dog house.

You're doing better now. I retract my statement about being owed a few minutes for watching the other videos. At that time I was thinking about how things might be different on this forum if we launched you away in a rocket.
    At that time I was thinking about how things might be different on this forum if we launched you away in a rocket.

This 1/10 scale 1600-lb Saturn V could do it. Invite Steve Eves to the Expo in April!

- Pablo Picasso
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,175
    edited August 29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Space is the ultimate goal, and we're not sending erco high enough to achieve space cadet status.

@erco, do you own a pair of asbestos longjohns?
    Remember you are the payload, and you will be deployed.

EDIT: Go on a diet, and ride a jetpack down.