Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Two Chicken Walkers — Parallax Forums

Two Chicken Walkers

ercoerco Posts: 20,250
Nice & rough, just how I like it.

More polished. Nice shifting weight up top.

Comments

• MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2017-08-19 01:34
    I say if you can do that, a normal bi-ped is essentially the same thing, isn't it?

Off in a new direction, thanks erco.

WTHk: just turn the platform on top a 180.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Needs music...

• ercoerco Posts: 20,250
  • You guys [Whit and Erco] owe me 2:46 and 1:49 minutes back for these last two videos.

Ken Gracey
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    You guys [Whit and Erco] owe me 2:46 and 1:49 minutes back for these last two videos.

Ken Gracey
    :)

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    You guys [Whit and Erco] owe me 2:46 and 1:49 minutes back for these last two videos.

Ken Gracey

Ken - That's a small debt compared to all the money erco has made me spend on eBay deals!

• Ken Gracey wrote:
    Seriously? You watched them all the way through? :)

-Phil
    Seriously? You watched them all the way through? :)

-Phil

Aw, C'mon PhiPi. Dwight Shrute knows you have to watch even a questionable movie/video to the end:

• Okay, and I'll forgive you the seventeen seconds you owe me for that one!

-Phil
  • Neat walkers, but what I want to see is one that uses dynamic balancing rather than weight shifting.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    erco,
    Two Chicken Walkers

You see two chicken walkers.

I see two baby ED 209's

I'm worried.

• I've been training for this kind of thing in VR :) Walkers are scary at first, but they're big and slow which are huge disadvantages. It's those little robots you don't see, and those pesky drones, that will get ya.
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2017-08-24 23:27
    Erco gets the coveted 'Pulletser Prize' for silly threads.

(Go to 9m35s)
    edited 2017-08-25 03:51
    I always thought it was Pullet Surprise. Hopefully this bitchin' model rocket launch video gets me out of the dog house.

• erco wrote: »
    I always thought it was Pullet Surprise. Hopefully this bitchin' model rocket launch video gets me out of the dog house.

You're doing better now. I retract my statement about being owed a few minutes for watching the other videos. At that time I was thinking about how things might be different on this forum if we launched you away in a rocket.
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    At that time I was thinking about how things might be different on this forum if we launched you away in a rocket.

This 1/10 scale 1600-lb Saturn V could do it. Invite Steve Eves to the Expo in April!

• MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2017-08-29 14:25
    Space is the ultimate goal, and we're not sending erco high enough to achieve space cadet status.

@erco, do you own a pair of asbestos longjohns?
    Remember you are the payload, and you will be deployed.

EDIT: Go on a diet, and ride a jetpack down.