I don't know if it's Parallax issue or not

Live viewing is not always working on my smart phone either in GPS or manual operating. It's either freeze or serious time lag. What's wrong with my setting ?
When the live viewing was not working, I have problem to identify the distance between PV2+ and obstacles nearby. For example, when it was flying toward a tall tree with my best drone camera, I was not able to tell if it was 20 ft or 50 ft before it crashed on it, when I was standing 400 ft away from the flying device. It could be a parallax issue, how can I overcome this problem?

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • What Parallax products are you using?
    And can you share a photo?

More info will help understand your question.
  • Live viewing is not always working on my smart phone either in GPS or manual operating. It's either freeze or serious time lag. What's wrong with my setting ?
    When the live viewing was not working, I have problem to identify the distance between PV2+ and obstacles nearby. For example, when it was flying toward a tall tree, I was not able to tell if it was 20 ft or 50 ft before it crashed on it, when I was standing 400 ft away from the flying device. It could be a parallax issue, how can I overcome this problem ?

Sounds like you are flying the DJI PV2+ and are referring to the parallax effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax

Your questions should be referred to the DJI Forums.

Infernal Machine
  • My drone is DJI PV2+
    And sorry if this post is not relevant to the topic of forum, perhaps I should find and ask in a Dji forum. Btw, thank you for spending time to me
    Best Regard
  • "You" did ask in the DJI forum, 3 years ago. https://phantompilots.com/threads/parallax-issue.21585/

• lol good find.
    Founder of Kinvert
    https://www.kinvert.com/
  • ercoerco Posts: 18,497
    I'll never lie to you, Jon. Nothing gets past you!
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • What a strange thread.

Why such an old question?

How and why did xanadu find the original?

Why would anyone expect a "live view" to be reliably live over a cellular connection to a mobile phone?

• I have to go install some equipment at an OB/Gyn. Call it procrastination.

I had to Google "PV2+" because I didn't know what it was. After finding it was a Phantom drone, I needed to know what people were doing with it that would cause a parallax effect. I added that to the search and viola, second link in Google.

So this OP could be a spam bot copying posts from other forums, my apologies if not.

Now I need to see if there's an entire forum dedicated to the Parallax effect... That would be interesting. Then maybe I'll go work on the rover. Then I'll have a magical flat tire. Then this work order will be handed down to someone else :)

• I suspected a SPAM bot as well. But so far I'm not used to SPAM bots offering their apologies as claymonet112 did above.

But what do I know? I'm sure the SPAM bot AI is getting better everyday.

• I must say I really sorry about my question, the question is not mine, I copied it from the forum that you linked to @xanadu
    I am not SPAM bot, i am real person. It just I did it because I want to quickly getting close to the community members. It's just if I asked a technical question and trying to be good, i would be easier to accept in this forum
    So final sentence, sorry for this post.
  • ??!!
    San Mateo, CA
  • So, welcome.

What is of interest to you. What next?
  • TorTor Posts: 1,802
    the question is not mine, I copied it from the forum that you linked to @xanadu
    I am not SPAM bot, i am real person. It just I did it because I want to quickly getting close to the community members. It's just if I asked a technical question and trying to be good, i would be easier to accept in this forum
    That's the Wrong Way in the extreme.

• By spam bot I meant person that signs up for hundreds of sites, then sells the credentials for bitcoins. Those people are bots to me.

A quick search of your highly unique username leads me to believe I am correct in my assumptions, and I retract my apology.