Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I don't know if it's Parallax issue or not — Parallax Forums

I don't know if it's Parallax issue or not

claymonet112claymonet112 Posts: 3
edited 2017-08-02 14:34 in General Discussion
Live viewing is not always working on my smart phone either in GPS or manual operating. It's either freeze or serious time lag. What's wrong with my setting ?
When the live viewing was not working, I have problem to identify the distance between PV2+ and obstacles nearby. For example, when it was flying toward a tall tree with my best drone camera, I was not able to tell if it was 20 ft or 50 ft before it crashed on it, when I was standing 400 ft away from the flying device. It could be a parallax issue, how can I overcome this problem?

Comments

• What Parallax products are you using?
    And can you share a photo?

More info will help understand your question.
  • Live viewing is not always working on my smart phone either in GPS or manual operating. It's either freeze or serious time lag. What's wrong with my setting ?
    When the live viewing was not working, I have problem to identify the distance between PV2+ and obstacles nearby. For example, when it was flying toward a tall tree, I was not able to tell if it was 20 ft or 50 ft before it crashed on it, when I was standing 400 ft away from the flying device. It could be a parallax issue, how can I overcome this problem ?

Sounds like you are flying the DJI PV2+ and are referring to the parallax effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax

Your questions should be referred to the DJI Forums.

• My drone is DJI PV2+
    And sorry if this post is not relevant to the topic of forum, perhaps I should find and ask in a Dji forum. Btw, thank you for spending time to me
    Best Regard
  • "You" did ask in the DJI forum, 3 years ago. https://phantompilots.com/threads/parallax-issue.21585/

• lol good find.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    I'll never lie to you, Jon. Nothing gets past you!
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    What a strange thread.

Why such an old question?

How and why did xanadu find the original?

Why would anyone expect a "live view" to be reliably live over a cellular connection to a mobile phone?

• I have to go install some equipment at an OB/Gyn. Call it procrastination.

I had to Google "PV2+" because I didn't know what it was. After finding it was a Phantom drone, I needed to know what people were doing with it that would cause a parallax effect. I added that to the search and viola, second link in Google.

So this OP could be a spam bot copying posts from other forums, my apologies if not.

Now I need to see if there's an entire forum dedicated to the Parallax effect... That would be interesting. Then maybe I'll go work on the rover. Then I'll have a magical flat tire. Then this work order will be handed down to someone else :)

I suspected a SPAM bot as well. But so far I'm not used to SPAM bots offering their apologies as claymonet112 did above.

But what do I know? I'm sure the SPAM bot AI is getting better everyday.

• I must say I really sorry about my question, the question is not mine, I copied it from the forum that you linked to @xanadu
    I am not SPAM bot, i am real person. It just I did it because I want to quickly getting close to the community members. It's just if I asked a technical question and trying to be good, i would be easier to accept in this forum
    So final sentence, sorry for this post.
  • ??!!
    So, welcome.

What is of interest to you. What next?
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    the question is not mine, I copied it from the forum that you linked to @xanadu
    I am not SPAM bot, i am real person. It just I did it because I want to quickly getting close to the community members. It's just if I asked a technical question and trying to be good, i would be easier to accept in this forum
    That's the Wrong Way in the extreme.

• By spam bot I meant person that signs up for hundreds of sites, then sells the credentials for bitcoins. Those people are bots to me.

A quick search of your highly unique username leads me to believe I am correct in my assumptions, and I retract my apology.