Random/LFSR on P2

1848586878890»

Comments

• evanhevanh Posts: 10,230
    Edit 2: The switch back to WSL 1 was easy (through PowerShell): 'wsl --set-version Ubuntu-20.04 1'... then re-launch my bash scripts, and done. Before the switch-back, all of my workloads had been quickly installed and recompiled 'native' under WSL 2 specifically for my (pair of) Xeon E5-2697 V2 processors (which I failed to do when I upgraded the CPUs), so it might be slightly faster than before.
    That's a relief for me too. I didn't know what to say.

So the WSL 1 you're using now is both invoked and installed differently than before?

• As far as I can tell, the installation of WSL 2 left WSL 1 intact. I could have simply switched my original Ubuntu from WSL 1 to 2 without re-installing Ubuntu, toolchain, apps, etc., but I didn't realize it at the time (i.e. trial by fire). Alternatively, I could have pinned one version of Ubuntu to WSL 1 and another to WSL 2 (which is what I will do on my laptop), but I would have to manage which is the default for launching bat files that call bash from Windows. Opening bash directly for either Ubuntu via shortcut is easy, though. However, I think that since switching back-and-forth the WSL version is also very easy, I'll keep just the one Ubuntu for now on that server for simplicity. I'll play with some of this on my small workstation (hopefully without getting too stressed).