Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BST throwing relocation and negative object position errors. — Parallax Forums

BST throwing relocation and negative object position errors.

Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
edited 2016-10-17 21:09 in Propeller 1
Bst has been throwing error messages like the attached screen shots, and I don't know where to look to resolve the problem. It has to do with compiling OBJ assignments. I think it has something to do with the system or configuration of bst on this particular Mac (Macbook running 10.6.8), because I can compile the same programs just fine on a different Mac running bst or on a PC running the PropTool.
relocation.pngnegative2.png
The screen shots are from the minimal programs below, and the result has very little to do with the actual objects chosen. I did not have to choose umath and basic_i2c_driver.
The exact message depends on what objects are included and the order that they appear in the OBJ list in the child program. This first cropped up in a long complex program, of course, when I tried to add some of my own objects that run fine by themselves and in other contexts, tears hair.
' parent "huh1.spin"
OBJ
  huh2 : "huh2"   ' this program runs fine on its own when the child object is commented out.
PUB main
  dira[3..2] := %11       ' bipolar r/g led on p2 to p3 with resistor
  outa[3..2] := %01
  repeat
    !outa[3..2]
    waitcnt(clkfreq/2+cnt)
'child  "huh2.spin"
OBJ
  i2c : "basic_i2c_driver"  ' if both objects are included, bst throws the relocation error
  umath : "umath"     ' if only one is present, it throws the negative position error
                              ' if neither are present, it throws an error but does not show any error text.
PUB main    ' this program runs fine on its own.
  dira[3..2] := %11       ' bipolar r/g led on p2 to p3 with resistor
  outa[3..2] := %01
  repeat
    !outa[3..2]
    waitcnt(clkfreq/2+cnt)

I've tried deleting the bst.ini file and the bst.plist file, and also reinstalling bst and bstc, but to no avail. Also rebuilt the editor and compiler paths. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have precious little hair left to lose!

330 x 47 - 11K
585 x 35 - 11K