Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Line Follower Robot — Parallax Forums

Propeller Line Follower Robot

AV_TechAV_Tech Posts: 24
edited 2016-07-19 12:25 in Robotics
Hello All.

I am Abraham Vreugdenhil, i read a lot of posts on this forum. I learn a lot here so i show you now my last project. It is a Line Folowing Robot with a composite mini camara as line detection sensor. From the whole video picture i took only 1 single line to detect the line with i must follow. This works perfect. As illustration where i see the line there is a WS2812 ledstrip on the back of the robot which show's green and the line is red.

In november 2016 there is a Robotic contest called "RoboRama" in the Netherland's. https://robotica.hcc.nl/ With this robot i go to this contest. I am not very fast, but my goal was to build a different line-detection sensor.

Greeting, Abraham Vreugdenhil.

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Congrats Abraham! That's a great robot and using a camera is very clever. Well done!
  • That's really cool Abraham, I wondering if that same concept could be applied to a railroad theme, where as the track would have two solid lines, and the cross members could be used for coding, as in where to slow down, stop or other actuations.
  • I love the LED's on the back, but I am a big fan of LED's.

That chassis also looks really solid. Is it homebrew or commercial?
  • Mooi man, ziet er goed uit!!

How does it handle crossing lines??
  • rosco_pc wrote: »
    Mooi man, ziet er goed uit!!

How does it handle crossing lines??

@ rosco_pc
    Bedankt.
    Not yet. I write only a "simple" linefollowing program and not a sophisticated program.

@ Martin_H
    The chassis is homebrew. I try to upload a couple picture, but don't now how to do this.

@MikeDYur
    Ofcourse you can track cross members but the speed of the camera is relative slow. I use a PAL camera with 25 picture's per second.

Greeting's Abraham
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Great Job Abraham and welcome to the Forums officially! Very smooth and controlled movement
  • AV_Tech wrote: »
    The chassis is homebrew. I try to upload a couple picture, but don't now how to do this.

Under the dialogue box is a button that says: Attach a file, press that a it will ask: Choose file, search for your picture and click on it, as long as the file is under three megabyte's, you will see it at the bottom of your post, otherwise you will get a warning: File too large. Would like to see your chassis creation.
  • MikeDYur wrote: »
    AV_Tech wrote: »

Under the dialogue box is a button that says: Attach a file, press that a it will ask: Choose file, search for your picture and click on it, as long as the file is under three megabyte's, you will see it at the bottom of your post, otherwise you will get a warning: File too large. Would like to see your chassis creation.

MikeDYur.

Here more info about my project. Some picure's, the scheme of the video circuit and the spin and assembly programma i made.

Greeting Abraham

3967 x 4827 - 970K
    1600 x 1200 - 595K
    1600 x 1200 - 693K
  • AV_Tech wrote: »
    Here more info about my project. Some picure's, the scheme of the video circuit and the spin and assembly programma i made.

Your robot has the smell of homebrew all over it, from how you carry the Propeller 40P DIP around, to how you get the power to the ground.

Nice work Abraham!
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Great looking bot Abraham! Thanks for the addition info and photos.