Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Scribbler Taillight and Pen Port Light (Added) — Parallax Forums

Scribbler Taillight and Pen Port Light (Added)

WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
edited 2016-02-27 03:08 in Robotics
We've been having a lot of fun over on the Nikos Fibonacci Spiral Thread scribbling with LED light by using long exposure photos.

Here is a project - "No Warranty Void" hack for the Scribbler and the S2. I call it the Scribbler Taillight. I was playing with the idea for following purposes. This could work great for LED scribbling too. I am developing a pen port mount also.

Power (9 volts) and ground come right from the programming port - not case opening is required for this hack (and thus your Warranty remains! ;-)

Photos show the following:

How an LED is fitted with pin connectors. Under the heat-shrink wrap around the Ground Leg (cathode - marked by the flat spot on the LED lense) is a resistor of the appropriate size for 9 volts and the color of the LED and its properties (Google it!) - two views. You can see the resistor under the black heat-shrink tubing.

Diagram for programming port pinout from Parallax (S2 and Scribbler are the same)

Diagram for a DB9 female pinout (show how the pins are numbered). This is marked to reflect the Scribbler and S2 power and ground. Pin 5 is ground and Pin 8 is 9 volts.

And photos of the Scribbler Taillight inserted - LED off and on.

Obviously the LED could be pointed straight up for LED scribbling, or mounted in the pen port and powered in the same way.

Give it a try and have some hacking fun!

640 x 622 - 219K
640 x 496 - 104K
640 x 562 - 105K
640 x 640 - 120K
640 x 640 - 113K
304 x 251 - 29K

Comments