Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Why the gripper kit is not compatible with the Shield-Bot for Arduino? — Parallax Forums

Why the gripper kit is not compatible with the Shield-Bot for Arduino?

I got the Boe Bot basic stamp Kit, and recently got the Arduino shield parallax and the gripper kit. Because I want to program the Boe Bot with Arduino , but saw that the gripper kit is not comptaível . I wonder if I increase the size of impasses it becomes compatible ? The link in the shield makes it compatible ?

Comments

• ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,621
    edited 2015-10-07 14:36
    I suspect the arduino board mechanically gets in the way of the gripper mechanism, although I have neither kit. If that's the case, you could probably fix it by mounting the board on taller standoffs.
  • You can definitely work around it with taller standoffs. Another possibility is replacing the Arduino shield headers with stacking headers and plug it into the topside of the BOE shield.
  • amandasantannaamandasantanna Posts: 3
    edited 2015-10-16 15:08
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2015-10-17 00:53
    You posted a question to my wall, but I thought I would show you what you can do with the gripper.

I used a homemade laser sensor to located the target and a Ping))) to determine the distance. I then have known pulse widths that open and close the gripper. The code you posted is on the right track and IR sensors will work, but aren't as accurate as the laser and Ping combined.