Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Who is getting an early 123 board? — Parallax Forums

Who is getting an early 123 board?

I am, obviously. Roll call time. Who else is in?

Comments

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    No. Way out of my budget.
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,108
    Having already invested in a DE2 board, I can't justify the expense.I'll keep producing my P1 boards for now, P2 is still too far away for me to consider it seriously.
  • Mine is in the mail, should arrive Friday, weekend forecast is for rain.

I either spend it now or the kid gets it later!
  • I have way too many FPGA boards as it is. However, the 1-2-3 board does look tempting. It has a nice collection of features.
  • It's way too early before Christmas to ask from one. :)
  • Waiting anxiously at mailbox for package to arrive from Parallax. :)

• TubularTubular Posts: 4,622
    edited 2015-07-16 10:21
    I hope to get one soon too.
    Might make a couple of plug in pcbs for it too.  Perhaps some memory slot boards and ADCs.  
    Let me know if interested and I'll make some extras.  
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Finances are strained here too. At least I didn't pony up for a DE2.

IIRC the last general FPGA release was almost 2 years ago, with an interim release with warnings around 18 months ago.

So I am going to adopt a wait and see attitude before I shell out for better FPGA hardware. I have a BeMicroCV as well as a DE0-Nano.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    It's a difficult decision. Who would not want to be running P II image on an FPGA board? But there is that new Rigol scope calling to me. 
    Scope wins... 
  •  IIRC the last general FPGA release was almost 2 years ago, with an interim release with warnings around 18 months ago.

The last P2 release I have is the March 24, 2014 vintage. It had some fixes and a couple feature adds but wasn't documented. The best as far as features and documentation was the February 6, 2014.....that was a classic!!
    ;)
  • A bit out of my price range. I just got a DE0-Nano to try out FPGA and the Propeller 1.
  • I have a nano and BEMicroCV, I'll see what I can do with those before deciding on a 123 board.

C.W.
  • Status of item: "Delivered, In/At Mailbox"

Status of me: "In/At Office"

I have no idea what I'll do with it....I guess I need to dust off my P1V and take it for a spin if I can figure out the pin mapping.
  • It would be nice to play around with the PII image, but sadly I don't have the budget for a higher end FPGA board.

• I'm on the fence, I got a number of FPGA boards already, do I need another 1.
  • That means mine may show up soon.
  • I wonder how many of the 30 still remain?
  • Based on the response here, I'd say 27.

Pioneering is lonely!!
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,900
    I might get one when I see a new P2 download designed for it...
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    I have ordered 1.  Like ozpropdev I was back and forth between my house and my mailbox... which is at the other end of my estate:)  I was too lazy to put my shoes on.  After 3 trips, I decided to just leave the box open so I could see if I needed to make another trip.

I am thinking about setting a date in my head and if there are any left, buy the rest.

And if there aren't any left. I'm thinking about asking for commercial pricing for a second batch... real pricing, not the give away pricing that this board is being sold for.  I think there is plenty of room for Parallax to make a profit, a middle man to make a profit and me to make a profit.  I am not rich... I would have to move things around to do it.  But I think it might be worth the effort.  I have to think about it some more but that is where  I am right now.

Look at that board and try to tell me that it isn't worth $500...if you don't have it, you don't have it. I can understand that ... but to compare it with other boards and not put it at the head of the class is just wrong.

Tubular,

You can count on me for two of whatever you make:)  By the way I have the BeMicroCV9.  I really like it bunch of memory and all, but I can't do anything with it as it is.  But for most other people I think it should be given serious consideration as is a good second choice. That 80 pin connector on the end of it doesn't seem to mate to anything.  Analog Devices makes a breakout board $49.  Looks like it should work... but it is just a breakout board and it isn't really clear from the documents that I have looked at that it would work at all.  54 user pins available.  ... I am looking at the 42 pin hacker port on the 1_2_3 and trying to imagine you building a bridge between the two:).  I could use the extra processing power.

I would be willing to trade you a 1_2_3 board for it:)
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2015-07-17 04:27
    The 80 way connector on the BeMicro CV mates with these SDRs:

http://sdrstick.com/

Zephyr Engineering who designed these SDRs designed the BeMicro boards for Arrow.
    Leon,

You are a prince among men. BUT... and I use all capitals because I am celebrating.... Exactly how did you find this.  I looked.  I didn't find it.

Rich
    If Tubular doesn't answer by tomorrow, I'm think about turning this into a contest
  • Ha!... yes I had heard that too but not sure where.   Perhaps the hermes-lite thread where they use similar fpga hardware for radio receivers
    Rich I'll keep you informed as I go re the hardware to suit the 1-2-3, you can choose whether particular things are useful to you or not 
    Tubular

Thanks.   I like this forum set up because it pushes P1v and related FPGA conversations back into the Propeller forum where it has greater exposure.    And I am glad that the P2 forum is a little on the quiet side.  So we can actually communicate:)
  • The 1-2-3 didn't get the spousal approval but I got a BeMicroCV-A9 on which I'm currently porting the P1V.

The P1V barely takes up 1/10th of the space on the Cyclone-5 A9 but I haven't gotten it running yet because I'm working on a change to how the wiring is assigned. See also http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1338098/#Comment_1338098.

===Jac

• Good to hear you're still working on this stuff Jac
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2015-07-22 04:49
    Jac,
    I did some ifdef sections for the base P1V that also allowed for different boards. But there were some things I could not work out how to do. I need to find a thread reference.

Ozpropdev has been working on a program to take verilog files and re output verilog files reconfigured for each board.