OzPropDev has been doing a great job reducing barriers to adoption on the verilog aspects of P1V. Here are a few designs in progress that might help on the hardware side. They're based on the Altera Max10 10M08SAU169 which only needs a single 3v3 supply rail and is 11x11mm, and reasonable priced in qty 25 at digikey.
I'm using the OSHpark 4 layer (5 mil track/space, 10 mil via) process
These are the designs so far
1) A 24 or 100pin, p1v with sdram underneath, microsd header, 5v level conversion or hdmi connector. Not sure whether hdmi video out will actually be possible yet.
2) An 'eeprom' format p1v in DIP8, has an optional Soic-8 eeprom underneath, for easy retrofit to p1's that have an eeprom socket. The p1v sits on the i2c bus
3) A 'qfp' format p1v in 44 pin QFP
there are two other modules I'd like to get to
4) A 40 pin DIP which would be like the 24 pin DIP but perhaps add usb
5) A MCP3208 ADC, DIP-16 format module for picking up 8 analog inputs
The jtag headers will snap off after firmware (altera) programming
I'm looking at using screaming circuits to assemble these in the USA, which also allows other smaller bga components. For small runs (3 oshpark boards) they're not much more than a locally made stainless stencil costs here
If anyone else has a design they'd like to include, let me know.