Forum Update - Announcement about May 10th, 2018 update and your password.

Popped Capacitors

2»

Comments

• I got the same class action postcards too but like a stack ten of them. It was capacitors direct. Money is money if they send me a free $2 I'll take it.
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,148
    Those class action suits are ridiculous. Half the money is blown tracking down people and distributing a million postcards and $2 checks. Only the lawyers make out. Figure out a "reasonable" net fine for the company and have them pay that towards the National Debt.

A drop in the ocean, either way.
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • Yesterday I got a postcard in the mail notifying me that I've been identified as a potential member of a class suing a list of capacitor manufacturers. This is due to faulty electrolytic caps I may have purchased in the past. Apparently, I don't have to do anything to remain in the class, but I have to notify the litigants if I want to excuse myself from the class and pursue damages on my own.

I threw the postcard away. By the time any damages trickle down to me from my minuscule purchases, I might have a check for ten cents to cash.

-Phil

Same here - if any money is collected, the lawyers will get it...