Caught the first part of a 500-unit Propeller BOE production run this afternoon. Didn't get to photograph all of the steps, but here's a snapshot. The crew is working two shifts to get these boards finished.
1. Boards are panelized 6-up. First step is on the screenprinter where solder paste is applied to the pads.
2. Next stop is the Pick-and-Place. Note that feeders are loaded on both sides of the machine - lots of parts on this board.
3. Visual inspection before the reflow oven.
4. Boards eject from reflow oven.
5. Stuffed with through-hole parts and loaded into the selective solder. Special fixtures hold the panels to keep them flat.
5. Sent through pizza cutter to separate into singles.