Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Catalina 2.6 - a FREE C compiler for the Propeller - The Final Frontier! — Parallax Forums

Catalina 2.6 - a FREE C compiler for the Propeller - The Final Frontier!

RossHRossH Posts: 5,336
edited 2011-01-10 14:29 in Propeller 1
UPDATE: Catalina 3.2 has now been released! For details, see this thread.

Catalina is hosted and released via SourceForge - see catalina-c.sourceforge.net. At present you will see only a default sourceforge project page - but you will find a link to the project downloads on that page. Since SourceForge has generous file size limits, each of the Windows and Linux distributions are provided in a single download containing all documentation, source code and binaries - this should simplify the download and installation process. The documentation is also available separately.

You will also find a button on the Sourceforge project page that enables you to donate money to support Catalina, or to purchase the Catalina Optimizer. All donations and money from Optimizer purchases will be used to further develop Catalina.

RELEASE 2.7
=========

Release 2.7 is a priority patch release that contains bug fixes only. It is currently only available to purchasers of the Catalina Optimizer. The contents of this patch released will eventually be incorporated in a future "full" release of Catalina for other users - check the Catalina sourceforge site for further details.

The main additions/changes in this release were as follows:
  • Fixed some bugs in the LCC Catalina code generator.
  • An update to the 'propeller_icc.h' include file to fix an error in the msleep macro, and also to make it unnecessary to edit the file to switch between the Catalina compiler and the ICC compiler (this is now detected automatically).
  • Fixed a bug with the PropTerminal HMI failing to detect the PC mouse - this driver should always assume the mouse is present.
  • Fixed a bug with the LCC preprocessor (cpp) that could cause it to run out of memory and crash.
  • Fixed a problem with the LCC -I command line option (affected Linux only).
  • Other minor bug fixes.

PREVIOUS RELEASES
===============

RELEASE 2.6

• Added support for running C programs on all eight Propeller cogs simultaneously. Programs demonstrating this capability are included in the demos\multicog directory.
  • Added a new dynamically loadable LMM kernel, which can be started and stopped on any cog.
  • Added a CUSTOM target for simplifying the support of new platforms.
  • Added funnctions for accessing the Catalina registry from C programs.
  • Improved the Propeller support functions (_dira(), _dirb(), _outa(), _outb() to make it easier to simply read the current value without changing it.
  • Added the ability to read memory from a function or variable address in BlackBox, and also to read multiple locations in one command.
  • Many minor bug fixes!
RELEASE 2.5

• Catalyst has been added. Catalyst is an enhanced program loader and a set of utility programs that simplifies the execution of Catalina programs - especially on platforms with both XMM RAM and an SD card.
  • Many of the Catalina curiosities have now become fully integrated Catalyst programs, with several new additions such as the Lua scripting language and a fully ISO compliant P5 Pascal compiler. See the Catalyst Reference Manual for full details. The Catalyst source is in this thread, but pre-built binaries for various platforms are available in the Catalyst thread (here).
  • RamBlade support. The SD card, XMM RAM and serial HMI options are fully supported.
  • Speed improvements to Dumbo Basic - this is still a work in progress, but programs are now tokenized on load, allowing Dumbo Basic to execute between 150 and 200 BASIC statements per second (depending on XMM RAM speed).
  • Various other minor speed improvements on all platforms.
  • Enhancements to the command-line option processing - Catalina now detects nearly all incompatible option combinations (e.g. trying to compile an XMM program to run on the TriBladeProp CPU #3, or using the TV HMI option on Morhpeus).
  • Lots of improvements in the scripts - e.g. simplified and consistent 'build_all' scripts are now included for all programs. Also, many dependencies on Catalina being installed in the default location have been fixed.
  • Inclusion of the C99 standard files 'stdint.h' and 'stdtype.h'.
  • Payload enhancements - Payload can now program files into EEPROM as well as just loading them into RAM.
  • The inclusion of Kye's FATEngine in place of FSRW (used during program loading). This allows more sophisticated file management in Catalyst. Unfortunately, the latest version of FATEngine arrived too late to be incorporated in this release - but it may be added in future.
  • Various bug fixes and minor improvements - see the attached README.WhatsNew file for details.
With this release, Catalina now provides a complete C development environment for the Propeller. While bugs will continue to be fixed and small optimizations (such as Kye's new FATEngine) may be incorporated, no further significant enhancements are expected. A code optimizer is being developed to reduce code size and increase speed, but Catalina already meets or exceeds its original design goals, so this will probably not be released until the arrival of the Prop II - on that platform Catalina will really be able to fly!

A Note on Lua

Lua is an embedded scripting language probably best known for its use within various game engines such as 'World of Warcraft'. My original intention was to use it in Catalyst to do the equivalent of Unix shell scripting or DOS batch files - and I may still do this in a subsequent release of Catalyst - but it is also a powerful standalone interpreted language.

RELEASE 2.4

The major functional changes in Release 2.4 were as follows:
  • Support for two source level debuggers - BlackBox and BlackCat.
    • BlackBox is a command line debugger that runs under Linux or Windows, and is included with this release.
    • BlackCat is a graphical debugger for Windows, developed by Bob Anderson, and is available here.
  • Support for ViewPort. Note that you need the latest release of ViewPort available here.
  • A new program loader - Payload. Payload runs under Linux or Windows, and can load normal programs, or Catalina LMM and XMM programs using a serial connection from a PC.
  • Improved multi-user support under both Windows (esp. Vista & Windows 7) and Linux.
  • Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
  • Improved documentation - including a new tutorial style introduction to Code::Blocks and BlackBox, and a BlackBox Reference Manual (the Payload documentation is included in the Catalina Reference Manual).
RELEASE 2.3:

This release added support for the Code::Blocks Integrated Development Environment, for those who prefer not to use a command line compiler. You must download and install Code::Blocks separately (here), and then see the file README.Codeblocks in the Catalina codeblocks subdirectory (included in the file Catalina_demos_utilities.zip) for details on how to configure and use Code::Blocks with Catalina. Here's a peek of what it looks like:

Catalina_CodeBlocks.png

RELEASE 2.2:

This release added significantly improved support for Multi-CPU Propeller systems. It added support for Morpheus, and proxy driver support for all multi-CPU systems (currently supported are Morpheus and the TriBladeProp).

In multi-CPU systems, proxy drivers allow all devices to be used by a Catalina program as if they were local devices - even if those devices are physically connected to another CPU. For example, on Morpehus CPU 1 has a keyboard, mouse and SD Card interface, while CPU 2 has XMM RAM and a VGA display. You can now run a Catalina LMM program on CPU 1 and give it access to the VGA display on CPU 2, or (probably more common) you can run an XMM program on CPU 2 and give it access to the SD card, keyboard and mouse attached to CPU 1. Catalina provides a proxy device server to run on the CPU that has the devices physically attached.

The commands to build proxy programs are slightly more complex than normal, but not too difficult once you get used to it. Here is an example:

To compile a client program for Morpheus that will run on CPU 2 but use the devices connected to CPU 1, the command would be something like:
catalina Test_Program.c -lc -DMORPHEUS -DCPU_2 -DPROXY_KEYBOARD -DPROXY_MOUSE -DPROXY_SD
To compile a proxy device server program to run on CPU 1, the command would be something like:
catbind -p -DMORPHEUS -DCPU_1
homespun Generic_Proxy_Server
Loading the resulting programs can be complex, but the Catalina SD Card and Serial I/O program loaders can be used to do this. The Catalina documentation has been updated and the tutorial now includes examples of using proxy devices.

RELEASE 2.1:

There were no functional changes in release 2.1. Only minor bug fixes and documentation updates.

RELEASE 2.0:

The most significant change from the last 'beta' release is that Catalina now supports three different addressing modes:
  • Tiny - all code and data share the 32Kb of Hub RAM. This mode is used by all LMM and EMM programs, and is suitable for use on any Propeller platform.
  • Small - code can be up to 16Mb, but all data (including the stack and heap) must still share the 32kb of Hub RAM. This is the original XMM mode as implemented in the various beta releases. It requires dedicated XMM hardware.
  • Large - code, data and heap can be up to 16Mb (combined), and only the stack uses the 32Kb of Hub RAM. This mode uses a completely new code generator (the previous code generator remains in use for the other modes), and also an enhanced XMM Kernel. This mode also requires dedicated XMM hardware. When the Prop II eventually surfaces, the space available for stack under the Large addressing model is expected to be increased to 256Mb.
However, note that 'larger' is not always 'better' - programs that use the larger addressing modes will generally be slower than programs that use the smaller addressing modes. A programs should always use the smallest addressing mode it can.

Enjoy!

Ross.

Edit: added details for Release 2.7

Comments

• RossHRossH Posts: 5,336
    edited 2009-09-29 08:47
    A Catalina Curiosity ...

This is 'Bywater BASIC' for the Propeller - a complete BASIC development system.

Bywater BASIC provides a self-contained BASIC development environment with floating point and real-time clock support, plus file system support which can be used to load and save BASIC programs, as well as read and write arbitrary data files. Full source code and documentation is included, and is also available here.

The only problem with Bywater BASIC is that while it is 100% functional on the Propeller, it is also EXCRUTIATINGLY SLOW! - BASIC programs execute at about 10 statements per second! This is partly because of some inefficiencies in Catalina's new large addressing model, but it is primarily a problem inherent in Bywater BASIC itself - it is an extremely inefficient BASIC interpreter. Even on a 3GHz PC its performance is fairly ordinary, so it is not too surprising it struggles on an 80Mhz Propeller cog!

I don't seriously intend for anyone to use this program - I'm just kind of amused at how I have managed to turn one of the world's fastest microcontrollers into the world's slowest BASIC interpreters. In reality, I have been using Bywater BASIC as a comprehensive stress test of the new Catalina code generator and the large addressing model kernel - but eventually (as I optimise Catalina over time) I expect its performance will improve.

Catalina compiles the 33,000 lines of Bywater's ANSI C source code, requiring only one modification (a single one-line change to fix a non-ANSI 'return' statement - lcc is much pickier about ANSI compliance than gcc).

The version enclosed is Bywater Basic version 2.4 - this seems to be the most robust version, but version 2.5 also compiles and runs.

On the TriBladeProp the program should be run on blade #2, which must have 1Mb of XMM RAM and an SD card installed, or on the Hybrid with the HX512 Extreme SRAM card installed (with epmoyer's firmware modfication). Because the HX512 only has 512Kb RAM the program runs short of memory on the Hybrid and I have made some configuration changes to reduce the memory footprint - but on the TriBladeProp (with 1Mb of RAM) it runs unchanged. Note that the program cannot be run on the Hydra because the Hydra cannot simultaneously use an SD Card and the HX512 SRAM Card - and Bywater BASIC requires both.

To compile Bywater BASIC under Windows, use the enclosed 'compile.bat' batch file, specifying either TRIBLADEPROP or HYBRID on the command line (do not also use the CATALINA_DEFINE environment variable, or you will get symbols defined multiple times).

To run the program, compile it and copy the resulting binary to a FAT16 SD card (renamed with an 8.3 compilant filename such as 'BASIC.BIN'). This binary can then be loaded using the latest version of the Catalina Generic SD Card Loader (included with Catalina)

On the Hybrid, Bywater BASIC uses the built-in TV output and keyboard. On the TriBladeProp it uses PC emulation drivers for screen and keyboard, and can be used via the Parallax Serial Terminal emulator (or any other PC terminal emulator).

(And don't say I didn't warn you about it being SLOOOOOOW!)

Ross.

Edit: With the release of Catalina 2.3, all the Catalina Curiosities have been collected into the various source and binary releases.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    edited 2009-09-29 11:11
    Congratulations Ross jumpin.gif

It will be a short time before I can get time to try it shakehead.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Links to other interesting threads:

· Home of the MultiBladeProps: TriBlade,·RamBlade, RetroBlade,·TwinBlade,·SixBlade, website
    · Single Board Computer:·3 Propeller ICs·and a·TriBladeProp board (ZiCog Z80 Emulator)
    · Prop Tools under Development or Completed (Index)
    · Emulators: Micros eg Altair, and Terminals eg VT100 (Index) ZiCog (Z80) , MoCog (6809)
    · Search the Propeller forums·(uses advanced Google search)
    My cruising website is: ·www.bluemagic.biz·· MultiBladeProp is: www.bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm
  • simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2009-09-29 12:30
    Nice work Ross. I'll d/l this tonight (can't d/l executables at work) - thanks smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,
    Simon

www.norfolkhelicopterclub.com

Announcement: To cut costs in the current economic climate, we have switched-off the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • hippyhippy Posts: 1,981
    edited 2009-09-29 21:03
    Nice work.

Here's a batch file for Windows users who want to build the LCC parts of the compiler (cpp.exe, lcc.exe, rcc.exe ). Tested on XP SP2. Works for me, YMMV.

Extract all the Catalina binaries and sources to X:\Program Files\Catalina
    Download MinGW from sourceforge.net/projects/mingw
    Run MinGW, ignore the "New version available"; click No
    Download & Install to X:\Program Files\Catalina\MinGW ( just core files needed )
    Download attached MAKE.BAT to X:\Program Files\Catalina\Source\Lcc
    Open a command line prompt, then ...
    > X:
    > CD "\Program Files\Catalina\Source\Lcc"
    > MAKE

Renames original X:\Program Files\Catalina\Bin\*.exe as *.exe.original and replaces them with the newly compiled ones. If everything has worked files should be of same sizes.

If MinGW is already installed or you want it somewhere else, edit the "Set MINGW=<path>" at the top of the MAKE.BAT file.

Post Edited (hippy) : 9/29/2009 9:08:12 PM GMT
    edited 2009-09-29 21:52
    Thanks Hippy - looks good.

If anyone manages to compile Catalina on other platforms (e.g. OSX or 64 bit Windows) please post your instructions/experiences here.

Ross.
  • w8anw8an Posts: 176
    edited 2009-09-30 01:40
    This is obviously not to be confused with the Java engine built into Apache's Tomcat server...
    tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/funcspecs/mbean-names.html

P.S., Ross,
    You might also be interested in this bit of history dated Feb, 4, 2003
    raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/a_bit_of_tomcat_history

Post Edited (w8an) : 9/30/2009 1:56:40 AM GMT
    edited 2009-09-30 01:47
    <s>Dang! I should sue!

Double Dang! I hope THEY don't sue!
  • Greg LaPollaGreg LaPolla Posts: 319
    edited 2009-09-30 03:44
    RossH,

I like what you did with the environment issues, it's easier to install in a different location. I just upgraded to Windows 7 64bit. After recompiling (32 bit), it works like a champ.

Greg
    edited 2009-09-30 04:13
    Thanks Greg - any problems, please let me know.

Ross.
  • JavalinJavalin Posts: 892
    edited 2009-09-30 15:00
    RossH,

Couple of questions - you may have been asked before but....

1) Supportability - how long do you plan to work on this / support it? Can code be moved from this to say the Imagecraft C if you stop supporting it?

2) Speed. Do you have any comparisons with SPIN for speed? IccV7 is about 5x faster.

Not downloaded it yet - but looks great - good effort.

James
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2009-09-30 17:33
    RossH, looks great I must make time to have a play, whilst not doing other stuff [noparse]:D[/noparse]

Hippy, thanks for the walk through. but...

C:\Program Files\Catalina\source\lcc>make
    .\Build\lex.o: In function `strtod':
    C:/Program Files/Catalina/source/lcc/../../MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/stdlib.h:320: undefined reference to `__strtod'
    .\Build\main.o: In function `strtod':
    C:/Program Files/Catalina/source/lcc/../../MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/stdlib.h:320: undefined reference to `__strtod'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    C:\Program Files\Catalina\source\lcc>

any ideas? I'm on XP Pro, service pack 3

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    http://www.propgfx.co.uk/forum/·home of the PropGFX Lite

·
    edited 2009-09-30 22:12
    Hi Javelin,

I expect to work on Catalina till I have all the bugs ironed out - maybe forever smile.gif But seriously, I believe it's very close to the level of maturity where I won't need to be the only one willing or able to support it. That's what the open source model is about, after all. If it's not there yet then I expect to reach this point within the next release or two - now that the design is finalized, it's more about just tracking down a few annoying bugs and improving the documentation than anything else.

As to portability, Catalina will always be as close to ANSI C as I can make it. This is what makes it possible to take C programs off the net (like 33,000 lines of Bywater Basic source code) and compile and run them essentially unchanged. This should also mean that any software developed for Catalina should also be very portable - except possibly for the Propeller-specific stuff (such as cog/hub interactions). But there I've tried to keep the code as simple and as close to the original Parallax model as possible, so even this should just require a small tweak or two to port to another C compiler. To be honest, I've not even looked at what Imagecraft does in this area, but I'd be fairly confident in saying that a simple set of 'wapper' functions (or possibly even just a set of macros) would be enough to insulate C programs from any differences here.

I haven't done any speed comparisons, but I would expect Catalina's LMM kernel to run at a comparable speed to Imagecraft - perhaps a bit faster in some areas, perhaps a bit slower in others. There are lots of speed optimizations yet to do - these have been left out ot the current release due to lack of time & space. Of course Catalina slows down considerably when using the XMM kernel - this is largely dependent on the XMM hardware and is outside software control. But I expect that with good XMM hardware Catalina C might still have a speed advantage over SPIN.

Ross.
    edited 2009-09-30 22:14
    @Baggers,

Hmm ... Hippy's script doesn't do that for me, and I'm on the same platform as you. I'll investigate a bit more tonight.

Ross.
    edited 2009-10-01 08:14
    ok cheers Ross [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·
  • DroneDrone Posts: 433
    edited 2009-10-01 09:35
    Does Catalina 2.0 support double precision math?

David
    edited 2009-10-01 11:47
    Hi Drone,

No - only single precision. I rely on the Parallax FLOAT32 maths libraries, and I don't think there is a double precision version of them.

Ross.
    edited 2009-10-01 11:50
    @Baggers,

I've had a look and I can't see why you would be getting that error - Hippy's script works fine for me. Can you try rebuilding LCC using the 'build_all.bat' file included in the source\lcc directory and see if you get the same message? That batch file actually uses the MinGW make utility, and should work - but then, as far as I can see, so should Hippy's.

Ross.
    edited 2009-10-01 11:59
    Another Catalina Curiosity ...

This is JZIP - an Infocom game interpreter from the grand old days of text-based computer games.

With this interpreter, and suitable game files, you can play all the Infocom greats - Zork, Deadline, Suspended, Witness, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy,
    A Mind Forever Voyaging, Starcrossed ... etc etc ... all on the Propeller!

I have included a binary of JZIP for both the Hybrid (H_JZIP.BIN) and for the TriBladeProp (T_JZIP.BIN) as well as game files for Zork I, Zork II and Zork III - downloaded (legally) from http://www.infocom-if.org.

Other Infocom game files can be located on the internet, but they are probably illegal. However, if you happen to have a copy of these games, I believe all you need to do is copy the appropriate '.DAT' file from your original disks.

To play these games using the JZIP binaries enclosed, you will need a Hybrid with a HX512 SRAM card (with epmoyer's firmware mod), or a TriBladeProp with 1Mb SRAM installed on Blade #2. As with Bywater Basic, on the Hybrid I use drivers for the built in TV and keyboard, and on the TriBladeProp I use the PC terminal emulation drivers.

You need to copy the file H_JZIP.BIN or T_JZIP.BIN onto a FAT16 SD card along with the game you want to play - note that you must rename the game file to be GAME.DAT, since you cannot specify the file name to JZIP at run time.

You must load the executable with the Catalina Generic Program Loader (available as part of Catalina).

I have included the source, along with a dummy 'wrapper' program called 'catalina_jzip.c' which simulates the entry of a command line to jzip.
    There is a makefile called Catalina.mak which will work under MinGW - you can compile it for the TRIBLADEPROP using:
    set CATALINA_DEFINE = TRIBLADEPROP CPU_2 PC
    make-f catalina.mak clean
    make-f catalina.mak

or for the HYBRID using:
    set CATALINA_DEFINE = HYBRID
    make -f catalina.mak clean
    make -f catalina.mak

<s>HOWEVER, please note that while the binaries included are ok, this source will NOT COMPILE CORRECTLY under release 2.0 of Catalina - I found a bug (drat!) while testing it that means they have to be compiled under release 2.1 - which I will release as soon as I finish completely testing a few more things - I just though that this was too cute to wait for!

UPDATE: This program now compiles correctly under Catalina release 2.1

I can't claim the performance of the games is outstanding, but they are quite playable. The only problem (for me at least, since I'm such a lousy typist) is that the backspace key doesn't work!

Note there are NO changes to the original JZIP source code required to compile and run JZIP under Catalina - but I have added a couple of progress
    messages that are displayed while the game is loading and initializing from the SD Card, since this can take about 30 seconds.

Enjoy!

Ross.

Edit: With the release of Catalina 2.3, all the Catalina Curiosities have been collected into a single zip file - see the second post in this thread.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,805
    edited 2009-10-01 12:33
    What are the chances of getting Nethack to run with this?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    My Prop Info&Apps: ·http://www.rayslogic.com/propeller/propeller.htm
    edited 2009-10-01 12:51
    Rayman,

A very good chance - I've already downloaded the sources, and it looks like it will be pretty easy to port.

But first I need to get Catalina release 2.1 out - the bug I found was a pretty nasty one and I'm still in the process of squashing it.

Maybe next week.

Ross.
  • hippyhippy Posts: 1,981
    edited 2009-10-01 16:29
    Baggers said...

C:\Program Files\Catalina\source\lcc>make
    .\Build\lex.o: In function `strtod':
    Very odd; looks to me like a MinGW library issue "strtod"; string to decimal ?

No idea where to look as I just took the MAKE.BAT I created yonks ago for Catalina Mk 1 and tweaked it for Version 2.0. Mainly adding the Catalina-large to the compilation / linking AFAIR.

The MAKE.BAT calls gcc and linkers etc explicitly so doesn't require the MinGW make utiliies or any path variables being set - I have an aversion to Linux make files on Windows smile.gif
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,805
    edited 2009-10-01 16:46
    Ross, making a little Nethack box has been on my mind for a while...
    But, the large storage requirements put it off the table, or so I thought.

Looks like you have us within striking distance with Catalina!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    My Prop Info&Apps: ·http://www.rayslogic.com/propeller/propeller.htm
    edited 2009-10-01 20:25
    hippy, yeah, it is strange, and yes, it's the string to decimal, looks like it anyway, but like you say, I've no idea where to look for it either, I don't suppose someone could zip up their MinGW directory for me?

Oh, btw Ross, I get the same error with build_all.bat also [noparse]:([/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·
  • lonesocklonesock Posts: 917
    edited 2009-10-01 20:28
    nuwen.net/mingw.html is my favorite MinGW distribution. Comes with GCC 4.3.3 and a bunch of extra libs pre-compiled (e.g. Boost). I haven't tried it with this particular application, however.

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    lonesock
    Piranha are people too.
    edited 2009-10-01 21:01
    thanks lonesock, will give it a try thanks [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·
    edited 2009-10-01 21:30
    nope, lonesock, that's even worse [noparse]:([/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·
  • lonesocklonesock Posts: 917
    edited 2009-10-01 21:36
    sorry about that :-(

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    lonesock
    Piranha are people too.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    edited 2009-10-01 21:45
    Ross: Might finally get a chance to catch up in 2 weeks smile.gif

Postedit: Realised this was ambiguous - catch up in person

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Links to other interesting threads:

· Home of the MultiBladeProps: TriBlade,·RamBlade, RetroBlade,·TwinBlade,·SixBlade, website
    · Single Board Computer:·3 Propeller ICs·and a·TriBladeProp board (ZiCog Z80 Emulator)
    · Prop Tools under Development or Completed (Index)
    · Emulators: Micros eg Altair, and Terminals eg VT100 (Index) ZiCog (Z80) , MoCog (6809)
    · Search the Propeller forums·(uses advanced Google search)
    My cruising website is: ·www.bluemagic.biz·· MultiBladeProp is: www.bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm

Post Edited (Cluso99) : 10/1/2009 10:57:53 PM GMT
  • HollyMinkowskiHollyMinkowski Posts: 1,398
    edited 2009-10-01 22:14
    @RossH

This is great work!

Have you ported C to a new platform before?

I sure wish I had time to help work on this with you.
    I'm swamped right now though, hope you can keep
    updating this for a long time smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Where am I? Where am I going? Why am I in a handbasket?"
    edited 2009-10-01 22:52
    @Holly,

No - first time. And given how much time and effort it has taken, probably the last ! smile.gif

@Cluso,

Sure - just let me know when you're going to be around Sydney or Gosford.

Ross.