Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Connecting Compass Module — Parallax Forums

Connecting Compass Module

Dtom26Dtom26 Posts: 24
edited 2009-08-05 02:36 in Accessories
Does anyone have a picture or visual representation other than just a circuit diagram of how to set up connection for the compass module.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-08-03 15:46
    What problem are you having with the diagram? What are you trying to connect and how do you have things set up now?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2009-08-03 18:27
    Hi Dtom26,

If you are using the Hitachi HM55B Compass Module, check out Smart Sensors and Applications, Chapter 4. The chapter contains in depth information on how the module works along with sample code, and page 121 has a pictorial wiring diagram.

Hope this helps!

Jessica

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jessica Uelmen
    Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Dtom26Dtom26 Posts: 24
    edited 2009-08-04 14:47
    I have it. I finished hooking it up now I need it to connect with the bluetooth module. I want my compass to work wirelessly but I'm not sure how program wise
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-08-04 15:14
    Usually people get one function to work at a time using the existing sample code as a framework. First, you want to make sure the compass module works the way you expect using the existing sample code, then you want to make sure the Bluetooth module works the way you expect using the existing sample code. Finally, you combine the two functions. You'll have to decide how you want the data to be transmitted, specifically what format is needed. First you modify the compass sample code to produce the data format you'll want. You'll add initialization and control information needed by the Bluetooth module (and debug this using DEBUG and DEBUGIN statements and your PC). Then it's mostly a matter of substituting output statements for the Bluetooth module rather than the DEBUG and DEBUGIN statements.
  • Dtom26Dtom26 Posts: 24
    edited 2009-08-05 02:36
    Thanks a lot Mike you have been a much appreciated help. I've done them seperately not it's time to try to combine.