Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
LIDE and or CIS image sensor interfacing. — Parallax Forums

LIDE and or CIS image sensor interfacing.

Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
edited 2009-05-15 23:03 in Accessories
I am interested in using the LIDE scanner led, or the CIS sensor in my old scanner. I would like to use the new LIDE cannon sensors, I don't mind buying a scanner if someone has progress on getting the sensor to work,...

Does anyone have any INFO on doing this? I have an sx chip, basic stamp, and I can also interface to a fpga, and or DSP combination.

I guess my question is if anyone has done this interface with a sx or basic stamp or even propeller?

Im looking for a quick and dirty example of interfacing to a LIDE (cis) sensor. I am willing to interface the sensor directly, or somehow interface it thru USB.

I throw out USB because this means I need to interface usb, program a driver that comms with the scanner thru the usb interface.

It would be eaiser to just buy a new cannon, tear the chip out and use it.
I guess my biggest issue is finding what scanner has the sensor data sheets available.

Ive looked up available sensor chips with datasheets but those chips are more expensive than a 60$ scanner.

Heck, if I had a scope id try to just rev-engineer it.

Anyone?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Meh. Nothing here, move along.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-04-25 16:17
    You know, when you ask questions about specific parts it helps if you provide links to the parts so others can look at the datasheets and help you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2009-04-28 18:14
    I don't have a specific part. Did you read what i wrote lol? I am asking if anyone HAS done work with a CIS or LIDE sensor. The sensor is in todays cannon LIDE scanners that you can buy in the store, I don't have the part number, if I did, I would just download the datasheet.

My question here was asking if anyone has worked with any flatbed scanner sensors, or know of any flatbed scanner sensors that are affordable.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2009-05-15 23:03
    I have found more info in these sensors and the chips used with them.

I am now looking into if I need a propeller or if I can process signals with an sx. Or I might need a fpga/dsp combo.

I'll post info here if I find that using an sx or propeller is practical in any way when it comes to using this kind of sensor.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔