Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wiring made eazy — Parallax Forums

Wiring made eazy

firewaterfirewater Posts: 25
edited 2007-08-20 03:53 in General Discussion
I·just found this great web site that shows you how to wire microcontroller·projects using plain drawings to go along with the schemtics that can be hard for newbies like me to read.Quite a few projects and·code examples. They also have a software library their developing which is available for free while it's in the Beta phase.

"Wiring is an open source programming environment and electronics i/o board for exploring the electronic arts, tangible media, teaching and learning computer programming and prototyping with electronics. It illustrates the concept of programming with electronics and the physical realm of hardware control which are necessary to explore physical interaction design and tangible media aspects."

http://wiring.org.co/info.html

http://wiring.org.co/learning/index.html

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2007-08-19 09:10
    An interesting site. And yet, I suspect that you will find wiring to be very personal.

A lot depends on your skills, your knowledge, and local resources.

In the beginning, we usually have little or no ablity to visualize or organize. So, it really helps to have a kit or a detailed presentation of how to do everything. But, once one has learned more, it gets much easier to be creative and not so reliant on mentoring.

Nuts and Volts is a wonderful example of a great place to get started. There are a lot of diverse projects and opinions.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Everything in the world is purchased by labour; and our passions are the only causes of labor." -- David·Hume (1711-76)········
    ···················· Tropically,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • pwillardpwillard Posts: 321
    edited 2007-08-19 23:28
    One of the MAKE Magazines had an article on a WIRING based microcontroller that used the ATMEGA8 controller from ATMEL.· It·is called Arduino and I equate the whole experience to learning C for microcontroller's with the average-joe·in mind.· You program in C and a lot of "overhead" C code is kept behind the scenes so you can focus on what you want to do with the controller.· It's like a Homebrew C-Code STAMP in a number of ways.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

There's nothing like a new idea and a warm soldering iron.
  • firewaterfirewater Posts: 25
    edited 2007-08-20 03:53
    Thanks, pwillard nice find.