Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SX Quick-Reference Card — Parallax Forums

SX Quick-Reference Card

Guenther DaubachGuenther Daubach Posts: 1,321
edited 2007-08-06 06:25 in General Discussion
Hello SXers,

some of you have been asking for something like this since a while. Here is my first version. I have compiled some information about the SX controllers that I thought might be helpful. I arranged this into a 2-page ZIPped PDF document that can be printed out on both sides of a legal format stationary. People - like me - who are used to DIN formats might use the "fit to printer scale", or similar printing option. When you have printed it, you may fold it like a "Z" if you like.

When you find errors, or typos in the document, or have any suggestions, please let me know. I'm also open for your suggestions what you like to see in the blank "Notes" area.

Have fun!

Added later:

Oops - now I found the first typos myself: Some of the execution cycle specifications in the Instruction Set Summary were wrong. I have exchanged the attached file with an updated version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Added 07/31/2007: In order not to mess up older and newer versions of the Quick Ref file, I have removed it from this post (see my next post for the most recent version). Whenever I have an updated version available, I'll placa a new post in this thread, and remove older versions from previous posts.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Greetings from Germany,

G

Comments

• Guenther DaubachGuenther Daubach Posts: 1,321
    edited 2007-07-30 22:54
    Hello again...

believe me, or not - I'm using this reference card while working on my own SX projects. Therefore, I recently found another bug:

In the OPTION Register section, the meaning of the RTE_IE bit is wrong: Other than in the text, the RTCC rollover inerrupt is enabled when the bit is cleared, and it is disabled when the bit is set.

I have attached a new copy of the SX Quick-Reference Card where this bug has been fixed.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Greetings from Germany,

G
  • CapdiamontCapdiamont Posts: 218
    edited 2007-07-31 02:40
    I like it, clarifies things such as PLP. <grin>

The only problem I have is when saving it, it gets saved as SX and nothing else, windows didn't know what to do with it, untill I renamed it SX.zip

Maybe use _ between words, I don't know.

Thanks!
  • John R.John R. Posts: 1,376
    edited 2007-07-31 03:04
    G
    edited 2007-07-31 07:53
    Thanks for the info - I have renamed the file into SX_Ref_Card.zip. Seems as if all parts of the file name following the first blank got lost.

John, you are right, it prints on "letter" size paper, not "legal". When I did the formatting, I had "you yanks" in mind smile.gif .

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Greetings from Germany,

G
  • David BDavid B Posts: 591
    edited 2007-07-31 14:28
    Thanks, Gunther. I've been away from Sxes for about a year, doing propeller stuff, just got started on a
    couple of SX projects again and found that I've already forgotten almost everything about the SX command set.

This comes at a perfect time, and it should be helpful.

David
    edited 2007-07-31 15:49
    Hi David,

nice to see you back in "SX Land" - have fun, and don't forget: There are no COGs inside the SXes smile.gif .

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Greetings from Germany,

G
    edited 2007-07-31 17:40
    Guenther Daubach said...

John, you are right, it prints on "letter" size paper, not "legal". When I did the formatting, I had "you yanks" in mind smile.gif .

Sch
  • John BondJohn Bond Posts: 369
    edited 2007-08-02 13:27
    Thanks a stack Herr Daubach.

A very useful addition to your very good book.

Maybe you should·have produced it in the Metric/DIN A4 that the rest of the world uses and let the Yanks battle to resize it the way we do with their Imperial/Inch system. lol.gif

Gegards from the dark continent, Africa

John Bond

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2007-08-02 22:10
    John,

good argument about the format smile.gif . In order to keep both, the "few" users of the "Imperial/Inch" Letter size, and the many users of the "normal" Metric/DIN A4 size happy, I'm considering to prepare two versions of this card in the future.

Wouldn't it be great if one day all people in the world would talk the same language, use the same metrics, all drive on the "right" side of the road, have the same mains voltage, use the same wall outlets, etc., etc.? Too bad - this is only a dream.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Greetings from Germany,

G
    edited 2007-08-03 16:00
    If we're going to go that direction, get it right:

It's not just "yanks", it's "Imperialist Yankee Pigs"!

I have not other explanation as to why we still use this archaic system of measurement. Although, on this particual topic, I find the "Yankee" letter size sheet of paper easier to handle than the "A4" (or our "legal" size). The proportions make the sheet "more stable".

Proud to be a yank, and one of the "Imperialist Yankee Pigs" without really meaning to be.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    John R.
    Click here to see my Nomad Build Log
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2007-08-03 16:16
    Actually a "yankee" is someone from the northern states.

I was told by a southern person that a "yankee" is a northerner that visits the south and goes back home. A "damn yankee" is a northerner that visits the south and stays.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Teacher: What is the difference between ignorance and apathy ?
    Student: I don't know and I don't care
    Teacher: Correct !
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    www.hittconsulting.com
    ·
  • Shawn LoweShawn Lowe Posts: 635
    edited 2007-08-03 17:17
    Bean-
    My ex is a southern girl, so, oh how well I know that one!!! [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Shawn Lowe

My last words shall be - "NOT YET!!!"
  • QuattroRS4QuattroRS4 Posts: 916
    edited 2007-08-03 19:01
    G
  • pwillardpwillard Posts: 321
    edited 2007-08-05 23:45
    Gunther... Excellent Idea and result. We needed it... well, we didn't *know* we needed it until you showed it to us. Thank you.

And I guess I'm a Damn Yankee then... lol. I'm from Boston but have lived in Atlanta for 20 years.

Or maybe I'm a confused damn yankee since I spent 8 years living in europe, so I KNOW metric (and like it) but I do agree about A4 size. Apart from being able to put just a teeny bit more info on a page, it's not ideal for carrying around in my laptop bag as the edges are forced to crinkle and fold up. Ok, so I'd get a EURO laptop bag. wink.gif
  • John BondJohn Bond Posts: 369
    edited 2007-08-06 06:25
    First Observation - Most of us outside the USA call you guys name far worse than those listed above but offer us a Green Card and we emigrate immediately. Most of us will even emigrate without the Green Card.

Second Observation – In my opinion, there were only two great leaders in The US Civil War, Lincoln and Robert E Lee. But then I’m entitled to be confused, I am an ex soldier from a country with a history of overcoming Racism.

Regards from Kwa Dukuza – In South Africa

John Bond

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔