Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Printing forum threads — Parallax Forums

Printing forum threads

TomSTomS Posts: 128
edited 2007-07-05 12:05 in General Discussion
Whenever I try to print a thread it gets cut off on the right side. This happens both with my HP5000 and printing to Adobe pdf. It's really frustrating because I can't save the threads that interest me. Any ideas?

Tom

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-07-04 19:03
    It's probably browser-specific. When I print this page to PDF using Opera, things turn out okay. (See attached.) You might try changing your zoom value, if your browser has a setting for that. Another option is to switch to landscape mode in the printer's page setup screen, or check "fit to page" if that option is present. ... Or switch to a different browser.

Note, though, that some threads, because they have wide images embedded in them, may resist any attempt to coerce them into a narrower frame.

-Phil
  • TomSTomS Posts: 128
    edited 2007-07-05 00:40
    This page also prints OK for me. That's what has got me puzzled. Changing text size has no effect on printed text size. I've been trying to print "Storing Data in Propeller Boot EEPROM " in the propeller forum and changing to Landscape mode prints correctly but uses 50% more pages. Changing browsers is not an option.

Tom
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-07-05 01:08
    That thread printed okay for me with Opera. If you can't (or won't) switch browsers, there's another option: html-to-pdf.net. I ran the same thread through their free service. The result is attached.

-Phil
  • TomSTomS Posts: 128
    edited 2007-07-05 12:05
    Thanks Phil,

That worked great. I just hope it's around a while, at least until I can get whatever's wrong fixed.

Tom