Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
IDE upgrades???? — Parallax Forums

IDE upgrades????

PaulPaul Posts: 263
edited 2007-06-30 01:25 in Propeller 1
Now that the Propeller is a year old is Parallax EVER going to upgrade the IDE?

Bad·features list:
--No Compile Button(s):· Let go of mouse, hunt for F10,· grab mouse.
--No Save button(s):·· I think its ctl-s..or was that excel
--No Builtin Ascii Debugger: Hit·F10, Click on Basic Stamp, Click on Debug, wonder why nothing came out. Click on DTR to reset Propeller. Click on COM1.·Propeller reset to old program!·Click on Propeller IDE.·Hit F10. Get error. click Basicstamp, click on·Debug,·click on COM4, click on Propeller...·(ok you get the idea)
--Crappy Printing:· Printouts look like my grandkid got to them with a gray crayon. I have to open spin files in Notepad just to get decent printouts.

Yep, too much coffee today!
Paul

Comments

• BergamotBergamot Posts: 185
    edited 2007-06-29 18:11
    You must have gotten the version that was missing the menu bar.
  • AribaAriba Posts: 2,682
    edited 2007-06-29 21:51
    Hello Paul

Have a look at the PreSpin Thread: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=655470
    PreSpin is basically a Preprocessor for Spin, but it is also a IDE Enhancement.

-you get a Compile-Button
    -you get a Debug Window that closes before Code-Upload, and re-opens afterwards (together with PropTerminal).
    -you get a Context-Help Button, just select a word in the code and click -> the related page in the Manual.pdf will be showed.

You only need to copy the PreSpin.exe, the PropManualIndx.txt, and the PropTerminal.exe in the Propeller Directory.
    If you run PreSpin, the IDE is also started.

It not helps for Printing and Saving. I save a file always with right-click(on a Tab) -> Save.

Andy
  • PaulPaul Posts: 263
    edited 2007-06-30 01:25
    I concur with JoannaK: Wow!