Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Simple Basic — Parallax Forums

Simple Basic

W9MASW9MAS Posts: 17
edited 2007-06-16 00:51 in Propeller 1
How do I save my BASIC ("Simple Basic") programs written using·FemtoBasic?·The only documentation I could find was in an old thread, kindof sketchy.

Also, Is there an updated version ? This is a great application. I'm still trying to learn SPIN, but being able to use another language, (something more familiar in the meantime) is great.

Good Work!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

· "It takes less time to do something right,
than have to explain why you did it wrong"

········································································-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Comments

• W9MASW9MAS Posts: 17
    edited 2007-06-15 07:27
    I found some updates to FemtoBasic, but still a little confused on file commands. Do I need an SD card? I'm using the Proto Board.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

········································································-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-06-15 13:37
    There is documentation in the version that's in the Propeller Object Exchange. That's always the latest version.

You want to use the SAVE command which will save the current program in the EEPROM where FemtoBasic is stored (1st 32K). If you have an SD card attached, you can use SAVE <file>.
    edited 2007-06-15 22:59
    I also found the info needed to implement SD. This will get me up to speed with the rest of the guys. Thanks for bringing the Thread Index to my attention!

Again, superb work!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

edited 2007-06-16 00:51
    Where can I customize the command prompt in Simple Basic? I noticed the ">" prompt disappeared in ver 2.001. Searched though all the init and other objects, can't seem to find the related code.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔