Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop Based Balancing Robot — Parallax Forums

Prop Based Balancing Robot

JohnBFJohnBF Posts: 107
edited 2007-06-11 02:06 in Propeller 1
I'm still working on re-making my BS2/Ping))) based balancing robot (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=623316) into a prop-based robot that balances using an accelerometer and rate gyro.

The robot balances very nicely using the propeller and Ping))),·and I added some enhancements, like using an IR remote to fine-tune the balance point on the fly.

I installed two memsic 2125 accelerometers, one at the bottom, in line with the servo axles, and one at the top, and a rate gyro in the middle.

I'm·using the PLX-DAQ·software to capture readings from these three sensors while the robot is actually balancing to see if I can develop an algorithm to use the new sensors. So far, none of my simple strategies have worked. I'm looking forward to see if anyone makes progress on implementing a Kalman filter for the prop.

Attached is my current spin code -·I'd love to hear of·progess anyone else is making along these lines.

/John

Comments

• BergamotBergamot Posts: 185
    edited 2007-04-14 21:55
    Sadly my propeller balancing robot project is being delayed due to lack of funds cry.gif

Also, I hope that if I wait long enough, someone will make a serial gyroscope on a breakout board, letting me ignore all the analog to digital stuff and focus on the math and motor control.
  • Bryan K.Bryan K. Posts: 47
    edited 2007-06-11 02:06
    I will take a look at the code. I am also working on a balancing robot, although using the SparkFun IMU as my main balancing sensor. I will keep recent results posted up on the object exchange...