Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking to have Professional PCBs Made — Parallax Forums

Looking to have Professional PCBs Made

Brian CarpenterBrian Carpenter Posts: 728
edited 2007-05-11 16:39 in General Discussion
I need doublesided pcbs manufactured out of .009inch pcb material.· Anyone know of any fab houses that can do that thin of material?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

It's Only A Stupid Question If You Have Not Googled It First!!

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-05-11 06:31
    Wow, that's thin! It's almost down to the level of a flex PCB. Maybe you could get a fab house to do the two innermost layers of a multi-layer board and just skip the outer layers. 'Not sure how that would drill and plate, though.

-Phil
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2007-05-11 10:23
    There's no problem buying 0.009 inch copper clad laminate - it's used in multilayer boards. The problem is this board won't be very rigid after it's etched - so the board manufacturer will have to use a soldermask designed for rigid/flex boards. If you regular source for rigid PCB's can't build this board - Google rigid/flex board manufacturer
  • Brian CarpenterBrian Carpenter Posts: 728
    edited 2007-05-11 14:22
    Thank you Forrest i will look and see what i can find. I am currently etching these myself but need production quality and quantity

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

It's Only A Stupid Question If You Have Not Googled It First!!
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2007-05-11 16:39
    Be prepared to spend extra to have a 0.009 inch board made - it will require some special handling thru plating, etching, etc. If you want to save some money - switch to a 0.020 inch board.