Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for a source of better looking pushbuttons for project case - digital c — Parallax Forums

Looking for a source of better looking pushbuttons for project case - digital c

T&E EngineerT&E Engineer Posts: 1,396
edited 2007-04-27 21:57 in General Discussion
Can anyone recommend where I can get some better looking pushbuttons for a digital clock circuit I am putting together. I want something that can be easy to operate to the user and don't want the generic Radio Shack pushbuttons. Something flush with a case would be nice but it doesn't have to be that good - just something decent for an upgraded project that's all. I will probably use 3-5 buttons in the design.

These pushbuttons will also need to be mounted on the outside of a project case. And that brings up another point - if there is a case with buttons built in - that would be nice too (but only need 3-5 so a 16 button matrix may be an over kill - but I am willing to see what's available.

Thanks to all.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2007-04-27 17:06
    Any of the catalogs should have many to choose from. Mouser, DigiKey, Jameco....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • T&E EngineerT&E Engineer Posts: 1,396
    edited 2007-04-27 18:57
    I have been to the Jameco site which I normally order from and did not find anything but the standard pushbuttons - nothing unique looking.

Mouser doesn't directly show any pictures either.

I will keep looking.
  • RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2007-04-27 19:42
    You might try searching around on some of the diy audio and Hi-Fi sites for some ideas.·Maybe you could do something with tactile buttons, some of those look pretty good. They mount on a pc board·that you·could·then mount behind the panel with an opening cut for the tops of the buttons. That involves some work but maybe would·be acceptable. I doubt you're going to find anything you'll really like off the shelf.

You can get these from Mouser: http://www.e-switch.com/index.php?contentID=261&type=push&seriesID=18

By the way, these series 320 buttons have pins that fit great in regular plastic breadboards.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Rick

Post Edited (RDL2004) : 4/27/2007 7:46:47 PM GMT
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2007-04-27 20:49
    ·PJ Allen

Thanks for the web pages I could use some of those switch in some of my
    own projects...................smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ··Thanks for any·idea.gif·that you may have and all of your time finding them

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam
  • T&E EngineerT&E Engineer Posts: 1,396
    edited 2007-04-27 21:57
    Yes. Yes. Yes.

Thanks PJ Allen. These are nice! It would be nice if they weren't so long but I can work with them all the same. Price is great too. I will place my order tomorrow.

Thanks again!