Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Printing on Project boxes — Parallax Forums

Printing on Project boxes

ProfessorwizProfessorwiz Posts: 153
edited 2007-04-27 19:11 in General Discussion
Hello All,
I had an idea for a gadgit I wanted to sell on the Inet, I've got the electronic part of it down, but does anybody know how to get the fancy printing on the boxes?· You know the "ON" and "OFF" above the buttons or on the buttons for that matter?· I think it's a silkscreen process or could be done with stickers.· I was wanting more the silkscreen type paint process but have searched abit and couldn't find anything.
Russ

Comments

• RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2007-04-27 14:44
    I don't think there is a cheap and easy way to do it yourself that will give truly professional results. The best I've seen for do-it-yourself involve using your computer printer and transparencies or laminators. You can get good results with rub-on transfers, but it's much too tedious to do for more than one panel.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Rick
  • ProfessorwizProfessorwiz Posts: 153
    edited 2007-04-27 16:04
    Rick,
    Do you know where I would go to have this done?
    Russ
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2007-04-27 17:04
    found this www.ezscreenprint.com/
    Most moderate cities will have a screen printing business that can steer you in the right direction.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2007-04-27 17:35
    here are some ideas:

www.eastcoastmarc.org/front_panels.htm

showcase.netins.net/web/rmw/panels.html

www.kkn.net/archives/html/QRP-L/2002-02/msg00324.html

You can get laminators that will do up to 8 1/2 x 11 or so sheets of paper at places like Wal-Mart or Office Depot, etc. for around $30.

I plan on getting one and trying it on my next project...I'm tired of those rub-ons.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Rick
  • metron9metron9 Posts: 1,100
    edited 2007-04-27 17:46
    I make millions of those labels every year for controllers ranging from washing machines, soap dispensors to heavy road equipment.

Turns out now there is a way to make cheap 4 color process subsurface printed 10 and 15 mil LEXAN labels with adhesive back as well as clear tinted front areas for graphic display. I have a digital printer I can make print 1000 12 x 18 inch sheets per hour with no setup. That means I can make just ONE sheet as simple as you can output on a laser printer.

Send me your requirements. $50.00 minimum order. That will get you five 12 x 18 inch sheets. If your panel is 8.5 x 11 then you would have 10 panels. As many as you can fit on the sheet.

Check out my company site at www.ccspecial.com
    Email me at mark@ccspecial.com with your requirements.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Think Inside the box first and if that doesn't work..
    Re-arrange what's inside the box then...
    Think outside the BOX!
  • Kenny GardnerKenny Gardner Posts: 169
    edited 2007-04-27 19:11
    Clear Avery Labels. You can buy 8 1/2 x 11 sheets. Works great.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Kenny Gardner

GAP Development Company

http://www.gapdev.com/