Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Tool Error Message — Parallax Forums

Propeller Tool Error Message

mynet43mynet43 Posts: 644
edited 2007-04-22 18:31 in Propeller 1
I've been using the Propeller Tool for a while with the Proto Board. Everything seems to work fine.

Recently, whenever I launch the Propeller Tool Program, I get an error message in a dialog box.

The Title of the Dialog Box is: "Windows - No Disk".

The message in the box is: "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c".

The window has three buttons: Cancel, Try Again and Continue. The last two have no effect.
The first one closes the dialog box and continues as if nothing bad had happened.

Is this caused by my moving a file from one directory to another (guess) or is it some other bad thing.

The only thing I can think of is to uninstall/reinstall the Tool.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Comments

• CJCJ Posts: 470
    edited 2007-04-21 18:21
    odds are you have a memory card reader, seems to be the major cause of this

if you have one, you can just ignore this annoying message, or you can unplug it when you start the prop tool

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Parallax Forums - If you're ready to learn, we're ready to help.
  • mynet43mynet43 Posts: 644
    edited 2007-04-21 18:49
    Do you mean a memory card reader on the proto board? I don't have that.

However, I'm running the board from a USB hub on my Dell 24" monitor. The monitor also has a memory card reader connection built it.

When I unplugged the USB cable from the monitor and used another hub for the proto board, the problem seemed to be solved.

Any chance this will get fixed? The reason I'm using the monitor hub is that the USB cable supplied with the proto board is too short to work with my other hub.

Thanks for your help. This saved me from uninstall/reinstall for naught.

I'll probably just ignore the message for now and hope it gets fixed.

Jim
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-04-21 18:51
    This is an error due to Microsoft's API for explorer, it used to (and is suppose to still) only check mounted drives when doing its discovery phase. However an update of the·API·from them caused it to check all drives even if there is no media in it, hence the error. This behavior is out of our hands unless we want to write our own explorer API, or MS fixes the issue. You can either ignore the message and click cancel, or remove·the media reader you have connected to your PC.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Paul Baker (Parallax)) : 4/21/2007 6:59:40 PM GMT
    edited 2007-04-21 18:57
    Thanks Paul.

I can't remove the media reader because it's built into the monitor. Maybe I'll get another hub...

I'll just ignore the error for now.

Jim
    edited 2007-04-21 21:56
    I found a quick fix.

I stuck an old SD card in the memory slot and the problem went away.

I thought this might be useful to someone else...

Jim
  • ratronicratronic Posts: 1,451
    edited 2007-04-22 18:31
    Thank you ! I've been dealing w/this for a couple of months. I had to reinstall the operating system· "My bad doing" ·and in so doing I went ahead and updated Parallax tools then the problem popped up. I just put 1mb ram stick in it , and the problem went away on propeller and basic stamp tools! If I remember right, I had the ScanDisk stick in at the time I updated Parallax software, anyhow this has corrected the problem!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Fix it if ain't broke·
    D Rat

Dave Ratcliff· N6YEE