Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NO....................problem — Parallax Forums

NO....................problem

Capt. QuirkCapt. Quirk Posts: 872
edited 2007-04-13 01:59 in General Discussion
My adapter works on COM 8 and works fine until I use the Clock or Device functions in the SX-Key IDE, then the SX-Key is no longer recognized. If I leave the clock alone at 400 khz Debug works fine. But like I said, clock or device I get a comunications error and then the key is no longer recognized

All Functions work perfect with the serial port cable connected to the sx key?

bill

Post Edited (Capt. Quirk) : 4/13/2007 2:02:19 AM GMT

Comments

• PJMontyPJMonty Posts: 983
    edited 2007-04-13 01:21
    Bill,

Can you verify that your exact same setup (same SX-Key, same SX board being worked on, same power supply, etc) works with a regular, non USB COM port?

It seems odd that the clock and device don't work since the communications between the IDE and the SX-Key is pretty simple for those functions. The debug function is the most communication intense, and yet I assume that works since you didn't say otherwise.

Thanks,
    PeterM
  • Capt. QuirkCapt. Quirk Posts: 872
    edited 2007-04-13 01:30
    Yea,

The exact same·set-up on my PDB, with the serial connection and SX-Key, works fine. Until I add the Parallax USB to Serial adapter.

I·am going to try it on my laptop and make sure it's the hardware and not the software

But I have been getting the·error messages on the clock for at least a month.

I'll post back asap

bill

Post Edited (Capt. Quirk) : 4/13/2007 1:35:02 AM GMT
  • Capt. QuirkCapt. Quirk Posts: 872
    edited 2007-04-13 01:59
    Well I thought I was being thurough the first time when I checked both conections, But it works fine on my laptop. So I will be double checking my cable and my desktops usb driver.

Thanks PJMonty

Bill