Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for the Right 'Device' for a game of TAG. — Parallax Forums

Looking for the Right 'Device' for a game of TAG.

Brian CarpenterBrian Carpenter Posts: 728
edited 2007-04-12 04:08 in General Discussion
I have 2 robots that can move around in various sequenced patterns.· The goal of the bots is to detect via low rf frequency the other bot and try to 'tag' the bot.· I am not familiar with ultasonic, but was thinking that this is the route that i would take.·I was looking at the PING by Parallax and basicly it has a 'transmitter' which sends the chirp and a 'reciever' that listens for the echo.· Is this correct?· So if i were to build a board with a reciever at say the back end and a transmitter at the front both pointed horizontally in opposite directions and had one mounted on each bot, transmitter pointed forward.

one bot could then always listen on the reciever to see if it is being hit from behind while 'firing at·the back end of the other bot trying to hit it.

the only other thing that concerns me is that i am not sure what the ultasonic pattern is like.· I am assuming that it is conical, emitting from the device, but what is the spread and distance.· Is the attached depiction realistic?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

It's Only A Stupid Question If You Have Not Googled It First!!
tag.bmp 576.1K

Comments