Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SX use in industry — Parallax Forums

SX use in industry

LightfootLightfoot Posts: 228
edited 2007-04-10 03:42 in General Discussion
I have read all about how Basic Stamp Chips are used in industry. Where is the SX's place? I understand why Basic Stamps are used, they are easy to program and implement; however the SX's are cheaper and I feel they are just as easy to use.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Comments

• ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2007-04-07 00:08
    All Basic Stamps except for the BS1 and BS2 USE the SX processor!
  • Sparks-R-FunSparks-R-Fun Posts: 388
    edited 2007-04-09 18:38
    I use SX chips in my work with industrial automation. I use them in place of traditional PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) where a custom solution is needed or a traditional PLC would be too expensive.

- Sparks
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,957
    edited 2007-04-09 19:15
    EFX-TEK (www.efx-tek.com) uses the SX in the AP-8, RC-4, DC-16, and the soon-to-be released Prop-SX. The firmware for the first three products is written in SX/B. I'm currently prototyping a four-channel AC lamp dimmer board that is also written in SX/B.
  • Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2007-04-10 03:42
    I work for a Milling control company, and we use the SX chip as the main PLC controller, in three of our products. Two of those products are our best sellers.

All the code for it is done in assembly, and does not take advantage (or disadvantage) of the simplicity of SXB.

However, sadly, these chips are being replaced by VHDL chips in our new product line.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Meh. Nothing here, move along.

Post Edited (BPM) : 4/10/2007 3:46:57 AM GMT