Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Model Train control — Parallax Forums

Model Train control

teriggsteriggs Posts: 1
edited 2007-04-03 22:37 in General Discussion
OK I realize this subject has been·beaten to death but I need some help getting started.
I have a BS2, Pololu Speed control, a serial LCD and a 4 X 4 keypad that I would like to·
combine to control the speed and direction of a Z scale Locomotive. I would like to enter
a speed·from 0 to 127 and have the·LCD display the direction (foreward or reverse) and
speed as the train picks up speed. I know there is some code in the Sandbox that I have
found before with a search but I can't find it now.· Any ideas or help greatly appricated.

Comments

• PARPAR Posts: 285
    edited 2007-04-03 22:37
    teriggs said...
    OK I realize this subject has been·beaten to death but I need some help getting started.
    I have a BS2, Pololu Speed control, a serial LCD and a 4 X 4 keypad that I would like to·
    combine to control the speed and direction of a Z scale Locomotive. I would like to enter
    a speed·from 0 to 127 and have the·LCD display the direction (foreward or reverse) and
    speed as the train picks up speed. I know there is some code in the Sandbox that I have
    found before with a search but I can't find it now.· Any ideas or help greatly appricated.
    Try the following search terms, model train control locomotive site:forums.parallax.com, at http://search.parallax.com/·for some ideas. Other search terms may yield other (additional) results.

Also, which part of the "beaten to death" discussions are you having a problem with? You have a collection of electronics parts/controllers, and a locomotive. Have you read the documentation which came with these various parts? What information in particular is still missing?

PAR