Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Suitability of propellar chip for SYNTHESIZING 3ph AC — Parallax Forums

Suitability of propellar chip for SYNTHESIZING 3ph AC

PAVANPAVAN Posts: 2
edited 2007-04-01 16:41 in Propeller 1
I am new to propeller. Can someone help about the suitability of this chip and soft ware· for obtaining gate pulses
for cotrolling an IGBT INVERTER module to obtain 3 ph AC waveform.
REGARDS.

Comments

• SkogsgurraSkogsgurra Posts: 231
    edited 2007-04-01 14:25
    I would say it is eminently suitable for such a purpose.

The counters can be used for PWM, which is needed to get a sine-shaped motor current. They will also care for the (usually load-dependent) interval between upper/lower IGBTs to avoid cross-conduction. It is the processor I would chose for such an application.

Overkill? So what? At such a price, I wouldn't care the least. The extra power can be used for so many niceties that are hard to get with another processor.
  • rokickirokicki Posts: 1,000
    edited 2007-04-01 16:34
    And if you're using the magic sines approach, the accuracy you can get from the propeller will probably help keep the sine waves clean.

And by giving each phase a cog, you can keep them accurately at 120 degrees from each other.
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,658
    edited 2007-04-01 16:41
    Here is a link to the magic sines approach. http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=634427
    That was a fledgling effort just to make a single phase magic sine, but when you visit the magic sine calculators on Don Lancaster's site, you will see the option to optimize for three phase. The programming for three phase on the Prop would be interesting. You could either use three COGs and adjust the phase quite precisely, or you could test for all three phases using only one COG, and still (maybe) have fairly precise timing within the acceptable bounds.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com