Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax O-scope Software Updates? — Parallax Forums

Parallax O-scope Software Updates?

sealion99sealion99 Posts: 23
edited 2007-02-12 19:53 in General Discussion
Hi,

Does anyone have any information about when a new update of the O-scope software will be released?· I think the current version is 5.0 and there were several unfinished updates that Parallax commented on when that was released.· Is there any information available regarding what will be included in the next release of this software?

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-02-11 02:00
    The currently availible software is the new version and has all the features implemented, the only thing which is missing is the companion help file. This should be released soon.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • sealion99sealion99 Posts: 23
    edited 2007-02-11 07:15
    Thanks for the reply, however, it seems that there are other items which have not been finished.· According to the version 5.0 page on the site, the following items were listed as NOT FINISHED;

Auto Measurements
    Calibration
    Auto Setting Save
    Export Data
    On-line Help

Have all of these things been implemented?· If so, I can't seem to find any reference to them in the application.· If these are now in, how do you use them?· The Signals text also has not been updated to reference version 5.0.· Is there any date set when the text will be updated?· I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Paul RowntreePaul Rowntree Posts: 49
    edited 2007-02-11 18:20
    Hi All;
    It would be very useful if the scope could display data in XY mode. All conventional scopes have this capability, and so in terms of teaching value and just plain utility, it would be a useful addition.

Cheers!

Paul Rowntree
    edited 2007-02-12 18:19
    Sorry about that, you are correct. He is working on getting the final bits implemented, Im not sure when it will be done, but it should be in the relatively short time frame.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker

Parallax, Inc.
  • sealion99sealion99 Posts: 23
    edited 2007-02-12 19:13
    Will the next release just address that list of missing functions or are there other updates that will be included?· If other items are being added can you post a brief list of what is being added?· Are there any plans for adding an x-y plot mode?· Is the Signals text also being updated?·

I am looking to use the scope for some training classes, and am looking at trying to set some timelines as to when I should schedule these.· I certainly would like to use the latest software and have as much updated documentation as possible.· I realize that dates are the hardest thing to ask about, but could you at least give me a basic idea of when things might be available (i.e month, 3 month, 6 months, etc.)?· I totally understand that things change, but it would really help me if I has some idea of when the updates may be completed.· If it would be better to contact you directly (or if there is someone else that I should be asking) please let me know a direct e-mail address where I can contact you.· I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,
    Chris·
    edited 2007-02-12 19:53
    Only those features which are listed as missing will definitely be added and he has told us those should be done in two weeks, we've asked him to look into adding X-Y but only if he thinks he can implement it quickly. After he is done with the software he will start working on the Signals Text.

You can email me by clicking on the envelope icon under my Avatar.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker

Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Paul Baker (Parallax)) : 2/12/2007 7:58:52 PM GMT