Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PRC I/O Daughter Boards Have Arrived - ready for shipping — Parallax Forums

PRC I/O Daughter Boards Have Arrived - ready for shipping

Brian RileyBrian Riley Posts: 626
edited 2007-02-11 19:40 in Propeller 1
PRC I/O Daughterboards - I have developed a pair of piggy-back or daughter boards to mount on the right side (ports 16-23) of the PRC for I/O. These I/O boards are useable on the original v1.02 PRC board with two slight modifications, and of course on the new v2.00 PRC. Pix of the new boards are on the website.

There are two PRC-I/O boards, the PRC-VGIO board, features a 15 pin SVGA connector and two PS2 connectors, one for a Keyboard and one for a mouse. The SVGA port as well as the PS2 KB and Mouse connectors are addressed identically to the Parallax Propeller Demo board.

The second board is the PRC-TVIO board. It contains two PS2 connectors for KB and mouse, and two RCA jacks for a composite video port and a simple sound port interface and a 4 pin header that will interface to an Acroname Brainstem RS232 level adapter. The video and audio ports do not match the Parallax Propeller Demo board. I have modified the Parallax "Graphics Demo" program to run on the PRC with PRC-TVIO.

The PRC-I/O items are available individually as bare boards or complete board and parts kits. There is also available a small upgrade parts kit for modifying the PRC 1.02 to accept the PRC-I/O boards. There about 70 boards of each type currently available for shipping.

www.wulfden.org/PRC/

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cheers ... brian riley, n1bq, underhill center, vermont
See the K107 Serial LCD Controller at
www.wulfden.org/k107/

Comments

• Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 841
    edited 2007-02-11 05:22
    Brian,
    Check out your ordering form ,I was going to order 3 tvio boards /with parts & it gave me a total of 13.00 ??

Brian
  • Brian RileyBrian Riley Posts: 626
    edited 2007-02-11 05:42
    Brian Beckius said...
    Brian,
    Check out your ordering form ,I was going to order 3 tvio boards /with parts & it gave me a total of 13.00 ??

Brian

... oooppppsssss .... went bcak and fixed it ... thats what I get for cut, paste and edit at Oh-Dark-Thirty. I checked the rest and think they are all OK ... thanks for letting me know.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.wulfden.org/k107/
  • Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 841
    edited 2007-02-11 05:48
    Works good now,
    Was just putting together one of your boards .

Brian

Post Edited (Brian Beckius) : 2/11/2007 2:40:30 PM GMT
  • Brian RileyBrian Riley Posts: 626
    edited 2007-02-11 18:14
    Here's closeup pix of the two boards ... bare and populated

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.wulfden.org/k107/
    646 x 572 - 210K
    800 x 667 - 267K
  • Propeller_HeadPropeller_Head Posts: 6
    edited 2007-02-11 19:40
    Brian;

I recently bought one of your K107 Serial LCD Controllers for a Professor Peter Anderson Serial LCD I bought about eight years ago or so (it sat unused all that time.) Went together in a snap and worked first try! It uses a different command set than the "Debug_LCD" and "LCD_Driver" in the Object Exchange, so I wrote my own based on "Debug_LCD". I didn't include all functions because...
    1) my old LCD didn't support Backlight, Custom Characters, or the Big Number Mode, and
    2) I am also using it with a much smaller 2X12 LCD Display (a PowerTip PC1202-A).

The one function additional I added, strXYLimit, allows you to print at a X,Y position and limit the string to a given length; I use this with the small 2x12 LCD so I can display four values on this little display with-out them over-writing each other.

I was considering submitting it to the Object Exchange, but here it is if you want to polish it up and finish it (complete the functions I didn't) and submit the final version. See attachments.

By the way; your documentation suggests "the user initially provide a one millisecond delay between each character or pause in milliseconds equal to the number of characters sent after bursts of characters", however, in practice I found that abot 3mS per character was necessary when sending a large number of characters.
    Brian Riley said...
    See the K107 Serial LCD Controller at www.wulfden.org/k107/