Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
secure your breadboard — Parallax Forums

secure your breadboard

kelvin jameskelvin james Posts: 531
edited 2007-02-06 04:46 in General Discussion
Because simple problems deserve simple solutions, here is a classic example. Anyone that breadboards circuits has a concern that the components might become loose or actually work their way out with movement. This is the 5 buck solution. Go to the hardware, buy yourself a small window insulating kit, basically the plastic heat shrink stuff. Use the double sided tape provided on the back of circuit board to hold the film, leaves no residue, and is easy to remove. Pull out the blow dryer, and in minutes you have a transparent secured breadboard. And it will keep dust and other crud off the board. As the picture shows, you can hardly see it, but it is strong and flexible. There is probably enough plastic in the kit to do your board 30 times over. Never mind " my circuit ", just threw some stuff on there for an example.

kelvin

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-02-05 05:58
    Kelvin,

What a great, elegant, functional idea! Truly inspired! The world needs more of that kind of thinking!

-Phil
  • Nick WaldvogelNick Waldvogel Posts: 71
    edited 2007-02-05 23:34
    I agree!!!· That is a great idea!!· Thank you very much for sharing. roll.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I'm just 10 people short of a threesome!!
  • Dennis FerronDennis Ferron Posts: 480
    edited 2007-02-06 04:43
    Shrink wrapped circuits? Hey this would be good for protecting all sorts of circuits; it could keep a soldered circuit from shorting against the case or getting water on it. And it would be great for securing the breadboards on Boebots.
  • aalegadoaalegado Posts: 66
    edited 2007-02-06 04:46
    Great idea! Wouldn't this also work with clingwrap?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I wouldn't connect that if I were you...

Vive Le Tour!
    Le Grand Depart July 6-8, 2007