Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Being SPOOF on Ebay for selling items — Parallax Forums

Being SPOOF on Ebay for selling items

sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
edited 2007-02-01 22:10 in General Discussion
Hi,EveryOne

I want to let everyone know to be·VERY carefull when repling to questions about your items for bid on ebay
It happen to me today

The staf at Ebay where VERY HELP FULL and closed my account and reset my account and reopen it
for me in less the 30 minutes

There a tool bar that you can down load from there site that warn you if you are at a site that is not there
Which now i·have installed and is very easy to use

I hope this help someone that sell on Ebay The BAD GUY ARE OUT JUST WAITING FOR YOU
The reply·page was so REAL that it FOOL me the only thing was that at the bottom of the page where
the security icon is suppost to it was NOT there
When you log on to Ebay site· the security icons is there but had been going back an forth beteen my
email and Ebay site and it was getting late and was tired and get ready to go to bed nad just got lazy
and just did look to see if the icon was there

··devil.gif The BAD GUY ARE OUT JUST WAITING FOR YOU· devil.gif

And just MAD at these type of poeple that seem to have nothing better to than to thing like this

I am DONE rant and raving· ·smile.gif·all of the poeple out on the Forum have a nice day

Have a nice day

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
··Thanks for any·idea.gif·that you may have and all of your time finding them

·
·
·
·
Sam

Comments

• Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2007-02-01 06:41
    There is a lot of that going on. After an incident that I think resulted in my resume being phished, I started to do some research on internet security, which led me to an interesting article on the underground economy associated with cybercrime. If anybody is interested in reading it, here's the page link:

www.usenix.org/publications/login/2006-12/index.html
  • metron9metron9 Posts: 1,100
    edited 2007-02-01 07:43
    Cut their hands off I say.... My brother went through the same thing, clicked on the supposed ebay link in his email, what a mess.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Think Inside the box first and if that doesn't work..
    Re-arrange what's inside the box then...
    Think outside the BOX!
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2007-02-01 17:07
    metron9

I am with you on this ONE .........Yea CUT There Hands OFF so they Can Not Play Like That Any More

Kevin Wood

When i get home i will read what they have to say i at work right now and can not all ways open pdf on this computer it real old

Thanks for you link to this page

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-02-01 19:50
    In an open environment such as the internet, anyone can access it, so naturally crooks are going to utilize it for thier own gain. Here is a valuable piece of advice, never use a link provided in an email unless it is from someone you personally know (even then you need to be careful because they may have been infected with an Outlook virus which used thier address book to propagate). If you receive an email (which seems to come) from an entity you do business with, never ever click on any link they provide (the only exception is a demand driven response such as registering at a site and they require you to confirm your identity). Always manually point your browser (by hand typing thier address in) to access thier site. And remember, a legitimate site will never ask you to reconfirm your login information via an email, anyone doing so is always a phisher.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-02-01 22:01
    Paul Baker

Thanks that good advice

I have just got a little to lazy and not being careful enough

The thing was that i was doing was going back and forth between my email
    and the Ebay site and when you log off you are asked for your log in name and pass
    word any way and most of time i would look to see if there was the security icon
    at the bottom of the page and after ward i realies that it was not there

That was my mistake that i made

But you live and hope fully you learn something out of it

I sure have

I have to come up with a better way to go between sites

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam

Post Edited (sam_sam_sam) : 2/1/2007 10:15:54 PM GMT
    edited 2007-02-01 22:10
    Paul Baker

And remember, a legitimate site will never ask you to reconfirm your login information via an email, anyone doing so is always a phisher.

The thing was it did not ask for anything

It look SO REAL there site did and it was when it said invailed pass word that i new i was in trouble so i just keeped watching the web page for thing that i know i did not put there and report it ebay what had happen

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam

Post Edited (sam_sam_sam) : 2/1/2007 10:14:28 PM GMT