Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SX52 TIMER programming problem using SX/B. — Parallax Forums

SX52 TIMER programming problem using SX/B.

SpillerSpiller Posts: 52
edited 2007-01-15 00:02 in General Discussion
Hi All,

Has anyone used the SX/B TIMER commands for programming SX52. I have an old datacode SX52 from the very begining, (1999) an I like to use it for generating fix frequency using the chip TIMER. Although I'm familiar with assebly programming,·I dont want to waste time and use the SX/B to get it easy.
The problem is the use of TIMER1 R1,value command, by using TIMER compare mode. Changing the values it has·no effect on the output frequency. Changing the·TIMER prescale value is effected the output.
I don't know what can be the problem, my be the chicp is old (or dead)? or what?
I tried the TIMER2 and got the same result.
Has anyone a good working sample of programming the timers is SX/B? (If not I should code it in assembly.)
Best Regars
·Spiller.·

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2007-01-15 00:02
    I don't quite follow what you are trying to do. Can you post your code ?

If you want to make a fixed frequency use "TIMER1 PWM, x, y".
    For example, if you are clocking the SX @ 4MHz then "TIMER1 PWM, 2000, 4000" will create 1KHz frequency.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap used 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com
    SX-Video Display Modules www.sxvm.com
    Stuff I'm selling on ebay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhittconsultingQQhtZ-1

"USA Today has come out with a new survey - apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population." - David Letterman