Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wiring diagram — Parallax Forums

Wiring diagram

Steve AustinSteve Austin Posts: 4
edited 2006-12-08 01:50 in Propeller 1
Help! Okay, I'm trying to wire up the Propeller Ed Kit. I cannot figure out what's going on with the 5v capacitor. It looks like both pins are into the same row (which of course makes no sense).· What coordinate points should be used there?

Also, the manual says to verify that the 3v cap's negative terminal is plugged into K6 or K7. Clearly, in the diagram, nothing is in either of those points.

I must admit, that I'm no EE major. I'm a programmer with a little bit of electronics under my nelt from books and such. But I'm mystified here.

Is this diagram wacky, or is it me? (Quite possibly, it's me, but I need a little help).

Thanks for any help.
Steve

Comments

• edited 2006-12-08 01:50
    Steve,

The capacitor's negative terminal goes to (Black, 1), and its positive terminal goes to (L, 3). Zoom in on it a little and you'll see that the wire comes out from the capacitor's positive side (going downward), then makes an abrupt right and plugs into (L, 3). For maximum zoom on the wiring diagram, download the PE Kit Box Packaging Insert (.pdf)·from the Propeller Education Kit product page. I just took a look at 2494% and got a nice, clear 1920 x 1200 screen full of capacitor.

Nice catch on the 3 V regulator output capacitor, the negative terminal wire is shown plugging into (J, 6). I changed it in the text, but when I saw how difficult it was for our drawings guy to depict, I asked him to leave it as-is.· Then, I forgot to return the document back to the original coordinates. Our Editor just corrected the text, and the update should be posted some time on Friday. As a side note, any available G, H, I, J, K, or L column socket in rows 6 through 9 will work for making sure the 3 V regulator's output capacitor's negative terminal·plugs into ground. All those·sockets are connected to the battery’s negative terminal.

The Propeller Education Kit Labs·page has links to the most up to date labs and their discussions. The folks involved with PE Kit lab development keep an eye on those threads for both customer support and document updates.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Andy Lindsay (Parallax)) : 12/8/2006 1:58:51 AM GMT