Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Power question — Parallax Forums

Power question

jaegjaeg Posts: 156
edited 2006-11-19 01:04 in Propeller 1
How much difference in power is there between the Regular Propeller and the HYDRA? Can you do the same thing?

Comments

• CJCJ Posts: 470
    edited 2006-11-17 23:38
    there is no difference in computing power, the hydra is a propeller board with all the cool interfaces set up along with what looks like a real killer book to show you how you can use it all

edit: I also forgot to mention all the other goodies, NES pad, wall wart, keyboard, mouse, cables and add in cards

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Who says you have to have knowledge to use it?

I've killed a fly with my bare mind.
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2006-11-18 00:14
    The expandability of the HYDRA plus all the I/O as mentioned including the network port, etc. is what gives it its power. Also, the system comes with the 128K eeprom built in and 128K game card and experimenter card. For example, once we get enough HYDRAs in the wild I will release an SRAM expansion card with SPI 512K memory on it, etc. things like that will allow people to use it as a platform to make all kinds of cool things on.

Andre'
  • jaegjaeg Posts: 156
    edited 2006-11-18 00:44
    So you can still do most of the same things on the Propeller Starter Board as you could on the HYDRA
  • paulmacpaulmac Posts: 51
    edited 2006-11-19 01:02
    AndreL said...
    ... once we get enough HYDRAs in the wild I will release an SRAM expansion card with SPI 512K memory ...

Is SPI SRAM available now or is this a product you are making. I have done some googling for this type of thing but have not turned up anything.
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2006-11-19 01:04
    We haven't released an SPI card yet, but with the HYDRA comes a blank experimenter card, in literally 5 mins you can pop and 8-pin socket into it, run 5 wires to the card header, solder and you have a SPI card!

Andre'