Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Yo, I'm new! I just have some questions... — Parallax Forums

Yo, I'm new! I just have some questions...

Wii60 FTW!Wii60 FTW! Posts: 1
edited 2006-09-18 18:07 in Propeller 1
Hey, I'm new here, and I was wondering about a couple things.· You see, I'm wanting to design a video game for a homebrew console called the Black Box (not mine) which uses a Propeller chip.· I managed to figure out that SPIN is the only language besides assembler that this console will use (assuming that he doesn't add a C++ compatability chip or something) and I'm wondering where to start.· I'm not looking for anything really fancy right away, just something that's accomplishable.· If anyone could point me to some tutorials or documentation on SPIN where I could eventually learn this kind of stuff, I'd really appriciate it!

Thanks a lot!

~Daniel

Comments

• James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2006-09-17 21:41
    Daniel said...
    Hey, I'm new here, and I was wondering about a couple things.· You see, I'm wanting to design a video game for a homebrew console called the Black Box (not mine) which uses a Propeller chip.· I managed to figure out that SPIN is the only language besides assembler that this console will use (assuming that he doesn't add a C++ compatability chip or something) and I'm wondering where to start.· I'm not looking for anything really fancy right away, just something that's accomplishable.· If anyone could point me to some tutorials or documentation on SPIN where I could eventually learn this kind of stuff, I'd really appriciate it!

Thanks a lot!
    You can start at the Propeller chip page here: http://www.parallax.com/propeller/downloads.asp

Download the manual and do some reading. Also read the Spin for beginers thread. If you haven't programmed anything ...like the Stamp,Stamp 2, or the SX you may have a hard time starting on the Propeller.

It is possible...just will take more time.

Welcome to the forums,

James L
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-09-18 18:07
    The chapter 3 examples within the Propeller manual are a good place to start, they are analogous to the "Hello world" example of other programming languages.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.