Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Laberint with Ping)) — Parallax Forums

Laberint with Ping))

jav2cubejav2cube Posts: 9
edited 2006-08-26 06:01 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I hope you agree with me.

Is there a posibility that we can use the Boe-bot·+ the Ping)) in a simple laberint application??
We can see that Ping)) Can detect objects. So that means,·that the way it doesn`t detect an object is a path to follow??. So if there is a simple laberint... Can we accomplish that??

·
|·················· |···················· |
|·················· |···················· |
|········ |·········|··········|········ |
|········ |·········|········· |········ |
|········ |·········|········· |·········|
|········ |········ |········· |·········|
|········ |·········|···· ·····|········ |
|········ |····················|
|········ |····················|········ finish
···start···

Hope Your can understand the "draw" above =P.

Thanks

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-25 15:21
    Hello,

·· If you're referring to a labyrinth or maze, it would be more efficient to have multiple sensors.· The PING))) could work, but if you're using it by itself then you will need to do a complete scan of 180 degrees (using our PING))) mounting bracket) while moving forward, and at a slow enough speed that you don't miss openings in the sides.· As a side-note it's not that the PING))) won't detect anything when there is an opening...It will simply be farther away than surrounding walls.· I hope this helps.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • jav2cubejav2cube Posts: 9
    edited 2006-08-25 15:51
    Thanks Chris for your help.

I'll try to do that.

Another question. What thing·do you think will call the attention of young people?

A·mean, in my country robotics is almost unknown.·Almost all of the people in my university think that we need to be Einsteins to be in robotics' field. (Actually i was that kind of people years ago)

I'm trying to wake people interest and teach them that is not so hard. So i need a list of·interesting projects to do that. I'd already have in mind:

- PALM remote coontrolled ROBOT

- Line follower (I'm looking a way to increase the speed)

- Remote controlled robot (Using·parts·of a remote controlled toy car)

I hope you can help Me

Thanks for your reply. tongue.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Javier Sandoval Vera

Guayaquil - Ecuador
    Hungry·for Knowledge
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-25 16:10
    Just seeing Robots doing something will often attract kids to them.· We've gone to many events and put our robots on display and they always draw a crowd, particularly from kids.· But we have them roaming around, following lines, or whatever they do.· Their movement and activity gets the attention.· Keeping it can be more tricky and this will depend on the students, but I find that hands-on works for many kids.· There is a great sense of accomplishment in building a robot yourself and making it go.· But many kids can be disheartened by not being able to build their robot and have it immediately solve a maze.· What they need to do is start out small and learn with simpler activities that still hold their attention and when they're experienced move on to bigger challenges.· I hope this helps.· Take care.

Edit: have a look at the 2 sticky threads at the top of this forum.· Andy Lindsay has a lot of information there which could also be useful.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-08-25 16:24
    Javier -

Kids generally like "fighting" (combat) of some sort, due to the action involved. Take a look at the Parallax Sumo-Bot, just for some additional ideas:
    http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=27402

There are Sumo-Bot competitions throughout the world, and what kid wouldn't want to be responsible for pushing another robot out of the competition ring!

Sounds like you may be in for a fun time. Good luck with your educational project. Parallaz is 100% behind any educational efforts as I'm sure you've seen from their course offerings. If you haven't seen them all, make sure to visit the Stamp in Class area of the Parallax web site:
    http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/edu/index.asp

Regards,

Bruce Bates

Post Edited (Bruce Bates) : 8/25/2006 4:47:46 PM GMT
  • jav2cubejav2cube Posts: 9
    edited 2006-08-26 06:01
    Thanks Bruce and Chris

I'm sure I'll take a look at them...

Wish me luck..

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Javier Sandoval Vera

Guayaquil - Ecuador