Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
im new — Parallax Forums

im new

ProgrammertannerProgrammertanner Posts: 20
edited 2006-08-24 05:44 in Propeller 1
um exactley how hard is it to learn and use this launguge compered to python? or simple if any of u know that i dout it though

Comments

• ProgrammertannerProgrammertanner Posts: 20
    edited 2006-08-24 02:25
    how old should u be in order to use this would a 12 year old computer genuis sufice?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-08-24 03:15
    SPIN is actually a pretty easy to use language. It's a little different from most computer languages, particularly
    in its use of indenting to convey program structure. If you're ok with that, great.

The other thing that's hard for people to grasp who are used to other microprocessors with interrupts and all
    kinds of special registers is that there aren't any (or maybe just a couple). This really is like 8 separate computers
    that share 32 I/O pins and 32K of common memory. You don't have to use more than one of the computers, but,
    if you really have to do several things at once (like video I/O, keyboard, mouse, a serial channel, and controlling 6
    servos), you really can do it and it's simple and straightforward.

I wouldn't worry about age. It's more about what you know or understand and how easily you can learn the concepts.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-08-24 04:11
    I would say that the younger and less "exposed" you are the better, not that its that difficult, Im about 3x your age and didn't experience difficulty in adapting to it. It just as you get older, you're more likely to become more predisposed in thinking how a programming language "should be". If you picked up python, you should be able to pick up spin, just dont expect it to be python. First, you should figure out how to get your hands on a computer that runs XP, since that's a prerequisite.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • ProgrammertannerProgrammertanner Posts: 20
    edited 2006-08-24 05:44
    thnx guyslol.gif