Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I2C Object and Demo Board — Parallax Forums

I2C Object and Demo Board

sharpiesharpie Posts: 150
edited 2006-08-11 12:22 in Propeller 1
I know I've seen the discussion in here, but cannot seem to locate it..· I wish to write and read from the demo boards eeprom using the i2c object, can someone point me in the right direction?· I seem to remember it was something I can change in the object, I do have the current version from the object exchange...· My code works on my prototype board with both resistors, but the demo board hangs...
Thanks-

Comments

• JavalinJavalin Posts: 892
    edited 2006-08-11 11:01
    Hi,

The current version is v1.3 and it is on the Object library. It contains documentation I believe in the i2cObject itself for use with the demo board. Basically you need to set the "_driveSCLLine" parameter of the i2cObject.init to TRUE and all will work fine.

Relevant help documentation snipit below:
    '' -> V1.3 - additional parameter added to the init to allow for SCL lines that
    '' don't have resistor pull-ups. This allows for the Propeller Dev board SCL and SDA pins
    '' 28/29 if you use them. Note that if the i2cObject code is set to drive the
    '' i2c SCL line - this will not work if more than one cog attempts to run it (obviously)
    '' not at the same time!!) (thanks to Michael Green on the forums)
    '' Normally set to FALSE if you have pull-ups, and TRUE if you dont.

James
  • sharpiesharpie Posts: 150
    edited 2006-08-11 12:22
    Exactly what I was trying to find... Thanks Javalin.
    Works too. Odd enough that my program spits out garbage on the demo board though. Tried changing the delays for reading/writing from the eeprom, tried moving the memory address I'm writing/reading to/from around.. No difference.