Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Demo board and servos — Parallax Forums

Demo board and servos

Lee IngramLee Ingram Posts: 1
edited 2006-07-31 17:03 in Propeller 1
Good morning to all,

I am the proud owner of a Prop demo board and a few servos. My experience is mostly in the software side of things so I am at a loss as to the proper way to attach some RC Servos to the demo board. The Servo32 code is just waiting for me to test it, once I can wire the darn things up.

I've looked at the source and researched the demo board's available pin outs - I'm guessing I can only drive up to 7 servos with the pins that are available on the board but how do I connect the signal, +, - leads to the servo?

Thanks for your help in advance,

A newbie robot builder.

Lee

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-07-31 17:03
    There are 8 pins available on the demo board (P0-P7) and you can connect them through a 4.7K (approximately) resistor to the servo signal lines. You have to connect the "-" lead to ground on the demo board. If you have only one servo, you can connect the "+" lead to the regulated 5V on the demo board. If you have more than one, you really need to use a 6V or 7.2V supply and connect the "+" servo leads directly to the supply voltage. You can run the demo board off the 6V or 7.2V supply as well.
    I've tried the BOE-BOT chassis with the Propeller and set up some servo header pins on the breadboard. I tapped into the 6V battery pack wiring to get +6V for the servos directly (with an on/off switch). Works well.