Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
input/output — Parallax Forums

input/output

jhmorris3486jhmorris3486 Posts: 9
edited 2006-07-28 12:06 in Propeller 1
Hi All,

I was wondering if it would be possible to use an SX MCU as an I/O controller·for the Propeller? Thanks

Jason·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-07-19 20:25
    Sure. There are plenty of devices already on the market that use the SX series (or PIC for that matter). I've got one of Bean's (Terry Hitt) Data Loggers which uses an SX something or other and it works fine with the Propellor. Just be sure to use a small (1K to 4.7K) series resistor between the Propellor pin and an MCU pin if the MCU is running off 5V. If it's running off 3.3V, you don't need a resistor.
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-07-19 20:48
    Mike,
    I haven't had a chance to "play" with the SD data logger with the Propeller.
    I'd be greatful if you could post some code.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com

"Remember, you are unique, just like everyone else." Unknown.
    ·
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-07-19 22:09
    Here we go Bean. The first program just reads and displays the version number a couple of times. The second program is a rewrite of your sample program in SPIN. As I mentioned in another thread, I forgot that this is a data logger only and doesn't have the ability to delete or rewrite a file ... great for a logger, but not what I need for this project, so it'll sit in my "someday I'll use it" box for now.
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-07-28 12:06
    Mike,
    · Many thanks for posting the code.
    · There is only 4K of code space in the SX48, so I couldn't get a full operating system in there.
    · Man I just MUST find time to play around with the propeller some more... Dang job...

· P.S. I'll send you 5 of the HC4LED modules as a "thank you", just let me know if you want them.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com

"The meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Unknown.

Post Edited (Bean (Hitt Consulting)) : 7/28/2006 12:11:54 PM GMT